Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

351 C Swap questions

60Falcon351C
01-15-2007, 08:36 AM
Hi, I'm thinking of picking up a '60 Falcon two door. The car now has the original 6 cyl and auto trans. My friend has a 351 Cleveland that I can get or next to nothing. I know that the wiring for the alternator and the voltge regulator have to be changed, and the brakes and throttle have to be changed. Will regular SBF motormounts work for this setup? I would also want to put in most likley a c-4 auto tranny, do they make falcon crossmembers to accomodate for this transmission or will I have to make one? The rear will be replaced but is it possible to convert the front to 5 lug with disc brakes? The motor will be built up so I would want to reinforce everything but where can I get subframe connectors and other frame supports from this car? or will I have to make them. Also is it worth it to convert to power steering If I put in the 351 and if so would I need to replace the whole steering setup. Thanks A lot,Mike

KimMG
01-18-2007, 07:21 AM
To do the same thing to my '63 Falcon, I was looking at a mid to late sixties Mustang for all the suspension, mounting, and drivetrain parts. It was going to all bolt up, no custom fabrication.
V8
dual circuit brake system (I would have to custom bend some brake lines)
four wheel disk brakes
five lug nut rims - rear end and suspension change, front hubs
if there was a need, I would have used the wiring harness from the mustang

It sure would have made my '63 Falcon Futura convertible go and it would have been fairly easy to upgrade to a fuel injected motor later on.
For fuel injection I would have to have the tank modified and the wiring updated for the computer, I probably would have gotten the wiring and computer from a donor car.

jonny falcon
08-10-2007, 07:35 PM
iM NOT SHURE BUT THE BIGEST ENGINE THAT WILL FIT A 1960 FALON WITHOUT A LOT OF MAJORE AFTERMARKET STUFF IS A302. BUT IM NOT SHURE . iM LOOKING FOR INFO ON SWAPPING A 351C INTO A 1966 FALCON THAT IS A SIX CYLINDER CAR AT PRESENT . E NY ONE OUT THER HAVE INFO?:banghead:

72' Stang 351 H/O
08-13-2007, 09:26 AM
If your going the 351 route have fun with the price of upgrades. I'd seriously go with a 302 or a FI 5.0 in this case. So much cheeper mods and alot easier to make it go faster. Thing is with either engine your gonna have a metal coffin that can go like hell. A 250 I6 can get that car going to 90 with the pedal floored, the 302 or the 351 can get you there with 1/2 the pedal.

teebott
08-15-2007, 10:28 PM
Hi, I'm thinking of picking up a '60 Falcon two door. The car now has the original 6 cyl and auto trans. My friend has a 351 Cleveland that I can get or next to nothing. I know that the wiring for the alternator and the voltge regulator have to be changed, and the brakes and throttle have to be changed. Will regular SBF motormounts work for this setup? I would also want to put in most likley a c-4 auto tranny, do they make falcon crossmembers to accomodate for this transmission or will I have to make one? The rear will be replaced but is it possible to convert the front to 5 lug with disc brakes? The motor will be built up so I would want to reinforce everything but where can I get subframe connectors and other frame supports from this car? or will I have to make them. Also is it worth it to convert to power steering If I put in the 351 and if so would I need to replace the whole steering setup. Thanks A lot,Mike
WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD ANYONE WANT TO PUT A 351 C IN A FALCON WHEN A 351 W IS JUST AS GOOD AND BOLTS RIGHT UP?? THE ' C ' WILL NOT FIT ANYWAY WITHOUT ELIMINATING THE SHOCK TOWERS , NOT EVEN CLOSE. THE 351 W IS TRIED AND TRUE WITH MANY FALCONS OWNERS OVER THE USA. THE 'C' IS HEAVY AND LARGE , WHY??? TOM FCA MEMBER # 405 SINCE 1979......JUST BACK FROM THE FCA NAT.....

72' Stang 351 H/O
08-16-2007, 02:53 PM
WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD ANYONE WANT TO PUT A 351 C IN A FALCON WHEN A 351 W IS JUST AS GOOD AND BOLTS RIGHT UP?? THE ' C ' WILL NOT FIT ANYWAY WITHOUT ELIMINATING THE SHOCK TOWERS , NOT EVEN CLOSE. THE 351 W IS TRIED AND TRUE WITH MANY FALCONS OWNERS OVER THE USA. THE 'C' IS HEAVY AND LARGE , WHY??? TOM FCA MEMBER # 405 SINCE 1979......JUST BACK FROM THE FCA NAT.....Why.....because he wants to thats why! Everyone knows that a stock factory 351C is more powerful and higher reving than a stock 351W.

Add your comment to this topic!