Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Road and Track Rulez!!

carman
11-27-2000, 05:43 PM
Road n' Track is really awesome!!
The content is VERY high-quality. I would recommend it to anyone that likes cars.

paul
11-28-2000, 09:05 AM
Its alright, still not to my liking. They do too many SUV tests.

----------
- Lotus -
For The Few Who Know The Difference

Steveo
11-29-2000, 11:01 PM
I've never actually see this mag. I'll check it out at the supermarket.

:D

ţ

----------
The Artist formally known as Ahkmid Lickachicken.
http://psxi.tripod.com

vettemaan
12-12-2000, 05:29 PM
Naaa i Like Motor Trend more accualy alot more :D

igor@af
01-10-2001, 09:31 PM
I love R&T!
I think it's the best one, really.
The quality of articles is Superb, and the pics are also very high-quality. Also, they changed the dimensions of the Magazine itself. I think they added 2 inches to the side and 1/2 inch vertically. Now, they can include bigger pics that other Mags can't.

carmaster
02-08-2001, 02:49 PM
Yeah I love that magizine expecially the new dimensions its got.

Adam
02-08-2001, 04:05 PM
bring it on!!!! R&T RULEZ I AM WAITING FOR MY NEW MAGAZINE RIGHT NOW!!! but the new dimensions can't fit as well in a binder. :( but it still rocks. Motor Trend has too many SUV test, not R&T! car and driver has too many normal cars.

RacingManiac
02-12-2001, 07:08 PM
R&T has by far the best motorsports coverage for a car magazine. And I love their articles and picture. It took one issue and I am hooked.....

ThunderFish911
02-12-2001, 07:41 PM
I like R&T, especially with its new size - makes it look like one of the big European ones like Car and Evo.

Adam
02-13-2001, 03:31 PM
LET'S GIVE OUR TESTIMONIALS!!!

no, not for Charlie Brown [you kinda have to read the comic] but for R&T. The magazine that got me hooked was the FASTEST STREET LEGAL CARS IN AMERICA w/ the Mclaren F1, a Ruf porsche, the Viper, even the Toyota Supra. I've subscribed for a year after that, then I quit a year cause of money, and then I started again in September. I won't quit again.

Adam
02-20-2001, 02:03 PM
c'mon everybody

NissanZ@af
02-22-2001, 05:42 PM
I like Road & Track a lot too. It's new size is great. The only thing I don't like about them is how they like to compare stock production cars to tuned RUF Porsches often. It's unfair and just makes Ruf look really good. They should compare stock production cars to stock production cars and tuned cars to tuned cars.

Adam
02-27-2001, 03:31 PM
i don't remember them ever doing that?

i_rebel
04-19-2001, 04:44 PM
R&T rocks . . .

The mag has some great features . . . People & Places has gotten a little less funny over the years, but it's still cool.

Miscellaneous Ramblings has some great reading usually what's the writers name, Peter Egan? Something like that . . .

R&T is head and shoulders above the other mags . . . lol I remember once they did an article on a fire engine . . . just for kicks . . . that was some funny schitt!!

Stevie B
'93 G20 :sun:

vettemaan
04-23-2001, 09:17 PM
R/T hates Corvettes :(

Adam
04-24-2001, 04:15 PM
that fire engine article... lol

they love 'vettes... what are you talking about... but: maybe not on the M3 / 911 / vetter comparo

MrCorvetteZ06
04-28-2001, 01:20 PM
I remember in that article they said that the M3 was a better car than both the 911 and the Z06 (even though the Z06 had better performance numbers for about the same price) because the M3 had back seats!?!?!

Heep
04-28-2001, 01:43 PM
R&T is good, but no one can even touch evo

Adam
04-30-2001, 03:45 PM
i like the Z06 better than the M3....

they just meant right after you took ur kids to school, you could go to the track :D

Z06 + M3 = not even able to compare: completely different classes

R35
06-04-2001, 12:56 AM
Don't forget they also keep a pretty good website (for a magazine) http://www.roadandtrack.com/RoadandTrack/index.html

Most of them do a real crappy site so you have to buy the magazine even to check info on back issue's. Too many times we'd be talking about a certain article and as always the magazine is at home or buried:mad:

Of course they could really use some help from AF with their forums. EEK!:apuke: What a mess.

BTW: Think they also have a weekly TV show?! Never mind that's Car and Driver:D http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caranddriver/home.xml

Adam
06-04-2001, 05:03 PM
yeah, but c/d website is more extensive

vectorclub
11-04-2001, 04:45 PM
Early in this thread was someone claiming Motor Trend was better. Motor Trend is the worst "Car of the Year" system. How dumb to only compare cars that are 90% new. Some cars built three years ago are better then some of the "all new" cars.

I like the way Car and Driver does the top ten. The Mazda Miata didn't change much for years, but it stayed on the list. That was becuase the car was done. No one had made anything new that could beat it for the class it was in. Motor Trends system eliminates some of the best cars from their "Car of the Year" contest. Motor Trend is low on my list of mags to buy. Car and Driver, Road and Track, and Automobile are much better mags for new cars.

Motor Trend also favors those who advertise in their magazine. If you build a bad car, but you advertise a lot in Motor Trend you can win "Car of the Year."

2001 AE
11-04-2001, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by vettemaan
Naaa i Like Motor Trend more accualy alot more :D

I hope it's great, (Road and Track) I just subscribed a month ago and have not received my first issue yet. :smoker2:

Adam
11-06-2001, 09:12 PM
You will like Motor Trend, it's one of the top magazine. But I like others better, for example, Road & Track. and Car AND Driver.

It took me 3 + months to get my first issue of a magazine after subscribing!!!

vectorclub
11-07-2001, 12:23 AM
Motor Trend is entertaining, just don't take their praise for an automobile with much weight. Years ago I subscribed to Road & Track, Motor Trend, Autoweek, and Car and Driver. Of those magazines only Road and Track and Car and Driver stayed on my subscription list. If you like Classic Era cars you should think about Automotive Quartley and Classic and Sports Car Magazine.

I give Motor Trend this much, they put Vector on the cover in 1972, years ahead of any other magazine.

1qtrmilekid
04-07-2003, 10:51 PM
I think it's good for what it's woth, I mean if you want just the cold facts and coparissons it's got what you need. I read a lot of different magazines and it's been usefull.
Boingo82 deleted SPAM content.

davewin
07-16-2003, 06:01 PM
Road & Track is my favorite main stream car mag but my favorite is Sports Car International. The thing about them (SCI) though is they don't even have a web site, and they only publish like 8 issues a year but they're awesome.

Motor Trend reminds me too much of Hot Rod magazine but with a lot of SUVs....

Add your comment to this topic!