Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Truck is flooding when i step on the peddle

stillmanm
01-04-2007, 09:55 AM
I have 97 GMC Sierra 2x2 6 cyl truck. The truck will start and sounds great at idle and even runs fine with a little pedal but when you rev it either while in park or driving it floods and boggs down. Any idea what this may be. I know the fuel pumps on these things go often but would this be a fuel pump issue. Thanks for any and all help. Mark

Low-Low-SIERRA
01-04-2007, 10:21 AM
I am having the same problem. This started after I changed the fuel filter.

Thanks in Advance.

Low-Low-SIERRA
01-04-2007, 02:34 PM
Stillman. I'm having my fuel pump changed as I speak I will let you know if that is what caused the problem.

maxwedge
01-04-2007, 04:47 PM
I'd have the fuel pressure tested and check the cpfi unit for a bad press regulator or bad injector poppets, common problem with the Vortech.

E B
01-05-2007, 08:53 PM
My 97 with the5.7 acted like that it was the fuel pump. Funny thing happened with pressure test it had 60 p.s.i but when I tried to accelarate fast it would bog down. I changed the fuel pump it ran normal. I was told it had enough pressure but not enough volume.

Low-Low-SIERRA
01-07-2007, 10:32 PM
So I took my truck to get a diagnos. It gave me EGR sensor and the Air Mass flow. So I replace them and truck is still doing the same. I took it back to the place I did the diagnos and did the diagnos again and it gave 2-4-5-7 pistons are mis firing.
The mechanic said to change the distribiator cap wire's and plug and this should make the truck run normal.

What do you guys think should I do this?

Thanks in Advance.

E B
01-08-2007, 07:36 AM
Try the lowest cost fix first,my truck would idle fine , but when I tried taking off fast it would stumble. I could get to highway speeds if I eased into it.

E B
01-08-2007, 07:53 AM
By the way when it was doing all the stumbling it was the fuel pump. Now I just had a problem with misfire at no 4 and the intake gaskets were bad

E B
01-08-2007, 07:53 AM
By the way when it was doing all the stumbling it was the fuel pump. Now I just had a problem with misfire at no 4 and the intake gaskets were bad

maxwedge
01-08-2007, 08:39 AM
So I took my truck to get a diagnos. It gave me EGR sensor and the Air Mass flow. So I replace them and truck is still doing the same. I took it back to the place I did the diagnos and did the diagnos again and it gave 2-4-5-7 pistons are mis firing.
The mechanic said to change the distribiator cap wire's and plug and this should make the truck run normal.

What do you guys think should I do this?

Thanks in Advance.
Sure let them do this work with a written guarantee that this will fix it, if not you get a refund.

E B
01-08-2007, 09:39 AM
Good idea make them back their diagnosis

Add your comment to this topic!