Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

door lock/unlock solenoid for 1996 Monte Carlo

mrroosky
12-20-2006, 03:22 PM
Hope I can find info here....driver door solenoid actuates, but rods don't move. Tried to figure out how to remove solenoid for inspection, but don't know where to start.:banghead: I can see a small white plastic rod moving, but that's about all that happens. Anybody out there removed one of these before?:confused:
Harry

maxwedge
12-20-2006, 04:27 PM
Welcome to AF. Have you removed the door trim panel to access the linkages and solenoid?

mrroosky
12-20-2006, 06:22 PM
I removed the door panel and plastic sheet, put a small mirror and light near solenoid in order to view the actuator, but couldn't see anything that was disconnected, so I probably will have to remove the solenoid and inspect it close up, but I want to find out the proper procedure of removing it to save myself any un-necessary extra steps.:banghead:
Harry

maxwedge
12-20-2006, 08:02 PM
Disconnect the link from it if and see if the rod moves disconnected, push down on the rod slightly to see if the solenoid has enough force to move the linkage, also make sure none of the lock linkage is binding. If you have tom remove it, if is riveted they must be drilled out, all pretty straight forward.

Add your comment to this topic!