Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'93 Civic EX interior LED lights

Tatortot02
12-06-2006, 06:40 PM
Alright i was wonderin if there is any quick easy way to put in like a black light in my car. I really dont car if i have to turn it on or w/e. I was just wondering if there was any way to do it without a lot of hastle. Are there such things as colored lights for the cars dome light? I dont wanna have to get into installing a ton of stuff so just wondering if there were such things and if anyone knew where to get em. Thanks

eckoman_pdx
12-08-2006, 01:48 AM
Street Glow makes some Black Light Neons. You could get some and install them in the foot wells under the dash and and install some under the seats. Wire them up to a toggle switch. Pretty easy to wire them up. Black wire to ground, postive to postive 12v source. Toggle switch, rocker switch, whatever, to turn it on and off.

Galuple
01-10-2007, 01:54 PM
Sorry to bump up this topic after a month but, what would be a good 12V source to tap into in the front footwells?

Copytech99
01-10-2007, 08:16 PM
The +12 Volt outlet / lighter is a good source for switched (by the key) voltage. A good low current constant source is behind the head unit ( yellow wire if aftermarket)

You should add a fuse to your source line just to be safe.

ThiRteeN
01-31-2007, 10:50 PM
i wired mine to the cig. lighter wire, just add a higher amp fuse. I put toggle switches on the center consol, behind the e brake. I found this easiest becaues you can run the wire for the neon/LEDs under the seats right out from under the consol, and the ones under the kick panels, jus run the wires out the front of the consol, under the dash. If you need more info. just hit me up.

Add your comment to this topic!