Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Maserati MC12 Racing 2005 1:24 by E.JAN -Kit Review-

sportracer02
11-27-2006, 03:16 PM
Hi,

having already 2 MFH kits on my shelf I got today a third one - from E.JAN, the Maserati MC12 Red Bull 2005.

Wow, what an enormous model:

http://foto.arcor-online.net/palb/alben/28/1077928/1024_6237656432626437.jpg

http://foto.arcor-online.net/palb/alben/28/1077928/1024_6135333265376532.jpg

http://foto.arcor-online.net/palb/alben/28/1077928/1024_3031343933363962.jpg

http://foto.arcor-online.net/palb/alben/28/1077928/1024_3962383962346266.jpg

http://foto.arcor-online.net/palb/alben/28/1077928/1024_3635333533383763.jpg

http://foto.arcor-online.net/palb/alben/28/1077928/1024_3137613531336436.jpg

http://foto.arcor-online.net/palb/alben/28/1077928/1024_3266306338663737.jpg

http://foto.arcor-online.net/palb/alben/28/1077928/1024_6135666563373538.jpg

Measuring the body dimensions I think the model is more 1:23 than 1:24 (model is 89 mm wide, too much for 1:24).

Another remarkable thing are the huge front wheel wells. They appear too wide and too high and should be sanded down.

The opening in the rear under the taillights is too small. The sides behind the rear wheels tends to the middle of the car, which makes the rear narrower.

The slots in the cover over the engine are not opened. They appear as if they could be drilled out and you could look –standing above the model- into the engine room. Watch out, the opening of these vents looks to the back of the car !!!!

The middle part of the front seems to fall down to the front skirt too much.

As already mentioned in a former thread, I have the slot body kit of the same car from Scale Speed, soon available from www.automobilminiaturen.de -> Slot Racing, here are some pics of both bodys (white resin = E.JAN, yellow resin = Scale Speed).

http://foto.arcor-online.net/palb/alben/28/1077928/1024_3532353864306163.jpg

http://foto.arcor-online.net/palb/alben/28/1077928/1024_3338633065386266.jpg

http://foto.arcor-online.net/palb/alben/28/1077928/1024_3565646233326630.jpg

http://foto.arcor-online.net/palb/alben/28/1077928/1024_3439386535636265.jpg

http://foto.arcor-online.net/palb/alben/28/1077928/1024_3736633432346131.jpg

http://foto.arcor-online.net/palb/alben/28/1077928/1024_3336313536333330.jpg

Summary: the E.JAN Maserati is for sure a great kit and with some work it will become an outstanding model.

Guiddy
11-27-2006, 03:31 PM
WOW! one of the best looking race cars around right now! Can't wait to see progress!

Enzoenvy1
11-27-2006, 06:08 PM
Is this one of the new release ones that wsa announced a onth or so ago?

Sad to say, but the slotcar body almost looks better?! :shakehead

D_LaMz
11-27-2006, 07:16 PM
Omg!! :)

Gamerxz
11-27-2006, 09:30 PM
Looks like a great kit to me... U seem to only shop for MFH stuff lol

sportracer02
11-27-2006, 11:53 PM
Looks like a great kit to me... U seem to only shop for MFH stuff lol

lol, besides these 3 MFH kits there is a pile of 200+ unbuilt kits :shakehead

BUT: having less kits is boring :evillol: :ylsuper:

Gamerxz
11-28-2006, 01:11 AM
lol, besides these 3 MFH kits there is a pile of 200+ unbuilt kits :shakehead

BUT: having less kits is boring :evillol: :ylsuper:

LOL ur :screwy: :wink: Can i have one kit for christmas? ROFL :grinno:

Layla's Keeper
11-28-2006, 08:00 PM
I'm a little lost here, sportracer.

The E.Jan kit is CLEARLY out of scale, and when looking at pictures of the actual car, the contours of the body don't match, either.

http://www.racingsportscars.com/photo/2005/Monza-2005-04-10-015.jpg
http://www.racingsportscars.com/photo/2005/Magny-Cours-2005-05-01-016.jpg
http://www.racingsportscars.com/photo/2005/Silverstone-2005-05-15-016.jpg

The fender flares are overly defined and oversized, the nose is too blunt, and the tail is cut-off and squared in shape compared to the prototype.

So, if the kit is wickedly inaccurate - even by your own admission - why do you say it's a great kit? Quite honestly, a kit with that many fundamental flaws is a pretty lousy kit, especially at 200+ dollars.

sportracer02
11-29-2006, 04:17 AM
So, if the kit is wickedly inaccurate - even by your own admission - why do you say it's a great kit? Quite honestly, a kit with that many fundamental flaws is a pretty lousy kit, especially at 200+ dollars.

Hi,

well, to be honest, some months ago I made another kit review of a British racing car of a French manufacturer, that had lots of obvious faults.

I tried to show up the severe mistakes of the body and had (and still have) the impression, that I sit on the “ignore”-list of many AF-members since that time :crying: :dunno: :lol: :lol: .

The response of some modelers was, that "you must be happy that a small manufacturer builds this kit" or "you better don´t write any negative critics", and they kindly ignore that left and right side of the kit have different dimensions, roof was much too low, etc :dunno: . That was a 125,- Euro kit (!!! :screwy: ), however I sold my kit and I prefered to buy a by far better looking and correct built-up Sparc model for the same amount of money :ylsuper:.

Looking at the Maserati model I must say, that except of the mistakes I listed I do think it is a well done kit. Like the formerly reviewed kit it is -as I know- the only available kit at the moment, and most of the mistakes I saw here can be corrected (this was different at the kit of the British racing car: if you want to change that kit in a correct model means f.e. that the too flat roof must be lifted and you need new windows :banghead: ).

However, if I get just decals for the MC12 I will buy an Enzo kit and build a display model with the Scale Speed slot body :evillol:.

(Another example for uncorrect bodies: Some time ago I bought the Scoda Fabia WRC Red Bull Monte Carlo 2006 kit by domino.be. The same here: the model is more 1:22 than 1:24, front fenders are too high, … Kit price: 100 Euro :screwy: )

It seems to get harder to find small model manufacturers that make CORRECT models, but on the other side modelers don´t seem to be too much interested in correct kits for the (indeed) high prices. This is what the postings in the thread of the kit review of the British racing told me :shakehead.

However, nice to see a moderator supporting me to mention here critcs, even the negative ones :thumbsup:

godfather23
11-29-2006, 04:31 AM
I might not be the hardcore modeller. But when I buy something for a certain amount of money which states that it is the kit of f.ex. the Maserati MC12, I expect it to be a kit of the Maserati and not just some sort of body which has merely the shape and dimensions of the actual car.
What I´m trying to say is that I desparately support negative criticism of the work of the manufacturers. Only with this sort of agruements on the forum you can make the kitmakers producing better models/kits. BTW, nobody argues about the hefty criticism of Tamiya´s underbody´s, etc stating that if there is too much criticism in the modeling-community Tamiya will stop making carkits.
In my eyes this board is not meant to be some sort of advertisement for kit- manufacturers. With all the splendid work on the models it sometimes seems like it - which is surely a result of the great work of the modelers.
So criticism is highly welcome and I always enjoy reading your kit reviews, Micha!

manu80
11-29-2006, 05:39 AM
Interesting subject. i have ordered one too.
A guy in france bought one, put some pics on a forum, immediatly people were like "yeah, wrong here and here etc...." So the thoughts can be divided. Funny to see that the japanese are always wrong but for renaissance no one says nothing....anyways....
DO we want correct kit ? yes. Even if they're expensive? Big yes ! but Must it be flawless? mmm good question.
For the renaissance aston, it's true that the shape is wrong.. I bought a Hiro kit to see also the difference, the hiro is better in shape terms but really lacks of details. Nice brakes, wheels, body but no interior, wrong painting instructions, decals etc. But th erenaissanc eis made from the eye as the Hiro is made from apparently the car plans.
Ok. Nice to have those kits on the shelf, but I think manufacturers shouldn't play too much with our wallets. The MC12 has some wrong details , right, the slot body looks better on some points but brands like ACE, Wolf, renaissance, Hiro , if they wanna do a great kit should really consider taking care of details. Since the Web you can get a lot of reference sources for nothing. So careful. Sorry this seems like a big monologue...

But unfortunaltely should we say "no one make this car" or "well it exists but it needs a little work to make it look good? " I don't know... Even studio release F1 but inaccurate ,but no way i go to revelle kits and I'm fed up of tamiya, that even if they're nice, they go really expensive for less details and parts (the NSX is hoax to me. even no brake discs except on the PE sheet? no way ! ). Working on a resin has the little "unperfect touch" and is so much cooler to do as it demands more work....

Back to the kit I wonder is Hiro is aware of all that problems....

Hope to get mine soon and start it. Any hints fo the blue?
TS44? TS15 seems too dark though....

MANU

M4tt83
11-29-2006, 08:42 AM
Micha, I must say I really appreciated your honest review of the "British racing car of a French manufacturer" because it allowed me to make a decision to buy the MFH version because I probably value exterior accuracy over anything else. If you hadn't reviewed it, or worse, if you hadn't reviewed honestly because of worrying about what fellow board members would say or trying not to offend people working for a small company, then I may well have spent a lot of money on a model that I would not have been happy with.

So if you feel that a model is poor in some way, especially an expensive one, please continue to point it out because some of us are most definitely grateful for it.

Philmodelcar
11-30-2006, 01:54 PM
Micha,
I need to thank you first of all because you helped me to make the good desicion : I bought the MFH kit and sold the Renaissance kit on ebay thanks to your post !

Manu80,
I know what you're talking about, I'm also member of this french forum and indeed you will never see criticism about renaissance even if the critics can be positive, there are the major sponsor of the forum and they are almost part of the administration team of the forum ! They have certainly increased their sales but not the quality to my eyes !

I will always support reviews and critics over kits, remember it is the basis of the Forum : share opinions and free open discussion !

sportracer02
12-01-2006, 03:18 AM
Hi guys,

thanks for your comments. Good to hear that you are interested in those kit reviews :thumbsup: .

Believe me, I know what it means to work on mastermodels and I know, that it is a time-consuming job with constantly puttying, sanding, measuring to make a correct body (while Hiro uses lots of technics to create new bodies)

@ godfather23: I share your opinion, positive and negative critics should be mentioned and are not only meant to be a guide for modelers, what kits are good or bad, they should be a feedback for the manufacturers, what is good with the kit and what could be improved.

Of course it is great for a small manufacturer to be main-sponsor of a forum (as manu80 and M4tt83 mentioned), but in THAT forum the manufacturer won´t hear (much) negative critics.

sjelic
12-01-2006, 04:24 AM
Micha I would appreciate if you continue to do reviews in this "true" manor. I think that gesture of buying someone's kit is more then enough to make manufacturer happy and after that it is all on you, no matter how bad it could potentially sound.
By the way despite the flaws E-Jan body looks better to me :D

RallyRaider
12-01-2006, 04:43 AM
Very much appreciate the photos and frank opinions. Never be afraid to tell it like it is, nobody should be offended if you're telling the truth. The MC12 is not a car I like the look of, but the DBR9 certainly is and your previous review helped me make my choice there. :)

sportracer02
12-01-2006, 08:13 AM
Micha I would appreciate if you continue to do reviews in this "true" manor. I think that gesture of buying someone's kit is more then enough to make manufacturer happy and after that it is all on you, no matter how bad it could potentially sound.
By the way despite the flaws E-Jan body looks better to me :D

Hi Sasa,

nice to hear from you ...

Concerning doing reviews in “true manor”:

I measure, compare photos of the 1:1 car with the model and calculate:

This is, what I write down :smokin: .

When I state that the body of a kit has faults :eek7: and later the kit producer writes, that he is aware that the body being not correct, that makes me really angry :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: and I see all customers, who buy this model, being fooled.

But like manu80 wrote: maybe modelers are more sensible, when not only positve critics hits an European manufacturer :dunno: .
(In a building thread of the Hiro Aston Martin it could be seen, that the rear end were chassis and body meet the fit is not optimal. Maybe you get the best (at the moment available) Aston by buying the Renaissance kit and the use of the Hiro body.)

:cheers:

M4tt83
12-01-2006, 08:39 AM
Maybe you get the best (at the moment available) Aston by buying the Renaissance kit and the use of the Hiro body.)

I was thinking that too, but you would really have to love the Aston to spend so much money on it.

I believe someone from here once made a similar recommendation with regards to the Modelers and Renaissance versions of the Peugeot 306 Maxi rally car.

klutz_100
12-01-2006, 11:30 AM
Very much appreciate the photos and frank opinions. Never be afraid to tell it like it is, nobody should be offended if you're telling the truth.
:iagree: :1:

godfather23
12-02-2006, 11:23 AM
We covered the subject already, but in my eyes...what´s the goal in modeling if not achieving the most correct replica of the real car? If this is not possible using a kit - then I would never consider even buying the kit...:2cents:

klutz_100
12-03-2006, 02:11 AM
We covered the subject already, Yep :)

what´s the goal in modeling if not achieving the most correct replica of the real car? How about just having fun? Fun as defined by oneself, for oneself and at one's individual skill level.

If this is not possible using a kit - then I would never consider even buying the kit...:2cents: Skill level related. I bet Hiroaki, Robrex, Phil, Gio, Andy, Micha etc. could turn an egg box into an accurate replica. I can't but I enjoy doing what I can to each build.

godfather23
12-03-2006, 03:21 AM
Klutz, I must admit that in general you´re right. I wrote this in aspect of Micha´s kit review. Accuracy can be well achieved with the massive skills of some modellers on the board. With the skills I have - I need the kit producer to give me the most accuracy, he can put into a kit, because otherwise I´m lost. But - don´t worry - that´s it on this from me!

lechatnoir82
12-04-2006, 04:08 PM
Wow dude, inaccuracies and all, that is one beautiful, albeit intimidating looking kit!

bvia
12-05-2006, 05:50 AM
We covered the subject already, but in my eyes...what´s the goal in modeling if not achieving the most correct replica of the real car? If this is not possible using a kit - then I would never consider even buying the kit...:2cents:

Then you should take the money you save not buying any kits and buy Mr. Tamiya's book. He talks about the inaccuracies that Tamiya purposely puts into its scale models and that when a person is presented with an exact 1:24th scale replica and one that has been created using scale effect, 100% say that the exact scale model is wrong...luckily we don't view our models 24 feet away so we usually don't realize the subtle changes that force our minds to say "that's 100% perfect!"..when it really isn't.

I won't even begin to get into the field of what is an isn't a correct replica and how one models such a thing. I mean the GT-40 dilemna alone (several cars rebodied/rebuilt during their racing carreers) boggles the mind...;-)>

hth,
Bill

ED59
12-09-2006, 06:58 AM
I wouldn't like to more pollute this topic, so if you think necessary to open a new one, let me know...

Micha, I made about 200 pics of the DBR-9, + sizes.
Of course, when you look at the kit, you could think that the roof is too low... But built-up is another fact:
http://www.renaissance-models.com/images/WIP_Proto_DBR-9/DBR9-profils.jpg
Why? I also made about 300 patterns at now... and I know how not to be impressed by first viewing... CF sides (adhesive, in fact, not real CF) are just there to modify looking of the car.

Now you can count rivets about misplaced items, I don't care.
Sold out now.
We have now '06 LM car for sale, and I modified on it the small assymetrical tips you told about.:grinyes: It took about 10 mn...

sportracer02
12-10-2006, 10:45 AM
Hi Etienne !

I wouldn't like to more pollute this topic, so if you think necessary to open a new one, let me know...

If you think about discussing the Renaissance Aston again, I just want to answer here your posting. For me the Aston model kit review is finished, all about the kit, that has to be said from me, is written down there.

Micha, I made about 200 pics of the DBR-9, + sizes.
Of course, when you look at the kit, you could think that the roof is too low... But built-up is another fact:
Why? I also made about 300 patterns at now... and I know how not to be impressed by first viewing... CF sides (adhesive, in fact, not real CF) are just there to modify looking of the car.

Regarding the 2 photos I am a little confused about your comment :eek7: . Ok, you made hundreds of photos and you are right: Looking from back to front the kit roof is ok up to the longer antenna. From here to the front, the 1:1 car´s roof looks lower and the windscreen steeper, the engine cover more flat to me :dunno:. The side windows should be a little bit longer at their bottom side.

Adding the many good parts :thumbsup: (lots of etched parts and decals) to the body, cannot change these measures in my eyes.

Now you can count rivets about misplaced items, I don't care.
Sold out now.
We have now '06 LM car for sale, and I modified on it the small assymetrical tips you told about.:grinyes: It took about 10 mn...

Congratulations for you as the manufaturer that the kit is sold out now :thumbsup: (and I mean this as I write it - not meant to be ironical).

Your sentence „Now you can count rivets about misplaced items, I don't care.“ however just makes me wonder, if you care for critics at all :dunno: . And: Correcting the assymetrical faults in 10 minutes (how ever you made this :wink: ) makes me even more angry as a customer :banghead:, so why didn´t you invest these 10 minutes on the mastermodel :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: ?

But I agree, the assymetrical faults or misplaced items are the smaller faults …

So Etienne, if you feel the urge to open another Aston thread, make it. I wrote what I thought about the kit and looking at the responses in this Maserati kit review, many modelers share my thoughts. So I don´t see any necessity to dicuss this model any longer or once again

Jamme
12-10-2006, 11:01 AM
Hello,
somebody there................................??????
I want to tell that I'm not sponsored by Renaissance, and that I'm busy building the Hiro kit, so...........
I would like to hear some comments on Etienne post.........
Cheers,

Jamme

ED59
12-10-2006, 12:40 PM
Your sentence „Now you can count rivets about misplaced items, I don't care.“ however just makes me wonder, if you care for critics at all :dunno: .

Of course I care about critics... if truly argued, and not about counting rivets. On the criticized French Forum, I found problems over my 911 SC RS, and I'm now modifying some parts, 5 years after release of the kit... And oh? I'm nor sponsor neither admin of this forum, just an active (too much?) member...:lol:

And: Correcting the assymetrical faults in 10 minutes (how ever you made this :wink: ) makes me even more angry as a customer :banghead:, so why didn´t you invest these 10 minutes on the mastermodel :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: ?

Try to spend 200 hours to create a model without a default, I'm not perfect...:smokin:

But I agree, the assymetrical faults or misplaced items are the smaller faults …

so why judging a model as you did?:disappoin

Shape of the Aston is mine; my eyeslooking for this model.
You don't like it? Ok, your choice... But don't say that the shape is wrong... if not argued.:wink:

DasWiesel
12-11-2006, 04:31 AM
... But don't say that the shape is wrong... if not argued.:wink:

Why not? Your own picture shows it clearly!
Your model is at least matching the wheel-base. Non-rivet-counters may be satisfied with your kit and buy it, others like to have a more exact replica and take the MFH version because of its better shape. Where´s the problem?

ED59
12-12-2006, 01:21 AM
Problem is that you may say "I prefer the MFH" instead of saying "MFH has a better shape", because it's your opinion, not mine, nor another people.:wink:

Edit: And I think from my pics that model matches very well, except top of bonnet as said Micha; that's normal, I always enhance it to get a "rounded" bonnet, to make the model gorgeous. My way.

M4tt83
12-12-2006, 04:59 AM
Well "I prefer the MFH", but not necessarily because of the roof line, but rather because of the lack of symmetry, which is unforgivable in my eyes, and the inaccurate and hence butt ugly rear end on it.

DasWiesel
12-12-2006, 05:25 AM
Problem is that you may say "I prefer the MFH" instead of saying "MFH has a better shape", because it's your opinion, not mine, nor another people.:wink:
Why should i? The shape is wrong, that´s not a question of any personal opinion, it is clearly visible. You surely did a great job on this Aston and neither me nor many other people here have the skills to do this, but at least you made some mistakes. So where´s the problem? Is this a question of honor for you? Even big firms like Revell are releasing models with wrong shapes.
It´s ridiculous to discuss about what i or other people should say about this kit.

ED59
12-12-2006, 05:58 AM
Well "I prefer the MFH", but not necessarily because of the roof line, but rather because of the lack of symmetry, which is unforgivable in my eyes, and the inaccurate and hence butt ugly rear end on it.

I far prefer this kind of answer...:wink:

Philmodelcar
12-12-2006, 06:14 AM
[QUOTE=ED59]On the criticized French Forum, I found problems over my 911 SC RS, and I'm now modifying some parts, 5 years after release of the kit... And oh? I'm nor sponsor neither admin of this forum, just an active (too much?) member...QUOTE]

Critizised because this french forum does not accept any critics...
not even worth to be mentionned here were democracy has all its meaning : everyone can express himself.

Now we can maybe go back to the original subject : the MC12 !

Sportsracer02 : will you start the wip ?

gionc
12-12-2006, 07:07 AM
Well I wait a bit a bit to let fire flown down from my blood: sangre caliente here!

BTW:

1-: Micha, friend, I'm with you, thanks for the job.

2-: Mr. Etienne: I admire your job, but I admire more human values like humility. Some of us have in stash your OOP kits that you don't care...

... 10 mins... LOL

sportracer02
12-13-2006, 05:26 AM
Hi,

thanks guys for the comments :thumbsup: , they show, that

- the kit reviews are of interest and

- (although we all know that there will NEVER be a perfect model)
the modelers want the most possible quality and accuracy of kits,
especially in the 70 + Euro price-category.

I don´t want to write anything else concerning the Aston, from my point of view everything is written and documented by photos.

However, when now Ron from racingminiatures writes again about the Aston Martin from Hiro and Renaissance in the Hiro-Aston-WIP-thread (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=633809&page=4 ), I understand him very well. Lots of the arguments he brings are already mentioned and discussed, but as a kit-dealer for sure he has a different point of view / interests as a mere customer / modeller and that is ok.

Now we can maybe go back to the original subject : the MC12 !
Sportsracer02 : will you start the wip ?

Yes, this thread´s theme is called Maserati MC12 and yes, I hope I can start a WIP in the next weeks.

Thanks again for sharing your opinion - I promise:

- I´ll keep you informed about the E.JAN MC12 :ylsuper: and

- there will be more kit reviews appearing time by time.

klutz_100
12-13-2006, 07:02 AM
Micha, I think you need to open a new thread for your WIP ;)

I've been following this "discussion" and I found it rather sad how someone's fairly, firmly and of course ulitmatley subjectively expressed opinion almost turned into a flame war.

I've re-read the original Aston review that Micha wrote and to be honest I fail to find anything in it that was either unfair or aggressive.

He studied the kit, shared what he found, said how he felt about it and several times clearly stated that it was HIS point of view.

Yes, he did point out several areas on the body that in his opinion were "incorrect". Should he have pretetended he didn't see them? Obviously not. Did he say that the kit was therefore useless? No.

The bottom line of his original review was:
So I see 2 possibilities for this kit:
either to build it as it comes out of the box (and don´t care of the real car) -that for sure means fun-
or
to correct the the body and that for sure means very very much work.
Seems like a fair assesment to me, applicable to just about every kit ever made (including MFH kits I suspect)...and a good place to stop.

gionc
12-13-2006, 07:41 AM
Lots of the arguments he brings are already mentioned and discussed, but as a kit-dealer for sure he has a different point of view / interests as a mere customer / modeller and that is ok.

OK this would be my last on the topic, no more dirty from me Micha here, but I'm wondering exactly the same.

And definitely "rivetcounter" expression don't offend me at all, not for sure if said from certain people.

Happy modelling & happy manufacturing LOL to everyone.

ED59
12-14-2006, 09:03 AM
Well, my English is not as good as my french speaking, so sorry for misunderstanding; I never wanted to say I don't care about customers, was just saying that I don't care about this kind of comments about a well-sold model.

Also, as "clearly" I think I do not have same eyes as you, maybe I have to retire, and present my apologies (and thanks) to the 300 guys who bought my DBR-9... also to people who bought some kits of the 300 patterns I made for 22 years, all made same (wrong) way.

Bye, Chaps.

Etienne; leaving playground.

Layla's Keeper
12-17-2006, 03:37 PM
Look Etienne. Firstly, you're nowhere near the worst resin caster out there (look at some of the Jimmy Flintstone or Reji stuff to see how far ahead of the game you are) so no worries there.

Secondly, I'd think that if I were a resin caster (something I've done before, and worked in tandem with other casters - SJS Details, for instance) and I saw that a COMPETITOR's kit was getting some flak about incorrect shapes and sizing, I'd have a smile on my face about kitting the same subject with better accuracy.

Accuracy complaints are nothing new to modeling. Have you ever seen the flak that model railroaders give their manufacturers?!?! These are guys who'll kvetch about the grab iron location being a scale two inches off on N scale 2-8-2 Mikados!

I do find your "lots of people buy my kits and don't complain, why should you?" stance very off-putting, and that cavalier attitude towards paying customer's criticism has probably lost you a customer here, which is a shame because of your fine catalog.

ED59
12-18-2006, 01:58 AM
It will be my second last post on AF, but...

First of all, my "cavalier attitude" is merely due to inconsiderate attacks. Try to think if you were at my place.

Secondly, I always heard or answer to critics, any customer who had a problem could agree. And when I can modify something for better, I do.

Nothing to say more, should be too long.

kingkai
12-18-2006, 10:09 AM
C'mon guys give hime a break.
Try building a scratchbuild model. I have... WTH, it is insanly difficuld.
He hasn't got that expensive machinery you guys where talking about.
Well when I got my renaissance dbr-9 I was in heaven, mr. Etienne done a great job with his scratchbuild. (better interrior-parts imo)
If there was still only the renaisssance dbr-9 you would have bought it anyway.
If he came with a 1/24 lister, saleen or pagini GT1 kit, you guys would have bought it yesterday instead of tomorrow...

Don't stop producing 1/24 racing cars mr. Etienne, espacially GT1 cars :naughty: or the other lemans cars :grinyes:
I got a few renaissance transkits, and they rock. Planning to look for one of the last Nissan R390 longtail transkits

David Napier
12-19-2006, 05:29 AM
C'mon guys give hime a break.
Try building a scratchbuild model. I have... WTH, it is insanly difficuld.
He hasn't got that expensive machinery you guys where talking about.
Well when I got my renaissance dbr-9 I was in heaven, mr. Etienne done a great job with his scratchbuild. (better interrior-parts imo)
If there was still only the renaisssance dbr-9 you would have bought it anyway.
If he came with a 1/24 lister, saleen or pagini GT1 kit, you guys would have bought it yesterday instead of tomorrow...

Don't stop producing 1/24 racing cars mr. Etienne, espacially GT1 cars :naughty: or the other lemans cars :grinyes:
I got a few renaissance transkits, and they rock. Planning to look for one of the last Nissan R390 longtail transkits

Well said, maybe you could do a 1/24 06 Focus or Ford Puma S1600 for us
Etienne, I have done some scratch building, I think your work is very high quality, maybe some people havent experienced bad resin kits, I have and not from this man

manu80
12-19-2006, 07:36 AM
Going back to the MC12, I've received mine yesterday.Big piece of resin. More PE that i expected, small decals sheet. The interior is like the DBR9, kinda empty but you won't see a lot when closed. The front headlights area is a bit small , yes but the rest is very nice. Even more complicated that I thought (all the mesh area on the back....
really cool kit though.

geronimo77
12-26-2006, 07:46 AM
I was really tend to buy this kit, but now I have to consider it :(
I mean the MC12.
Because I already have the other "subject" the Ren. Aston :)

fola
12-26-2006, 04:49 PM
I was thinking about the MC12 too, but now i think I'll just wait till the scalespeed slotkit is offially released here in Germany. The Ejan kit looks good but if it is as big as it seems then it will not be suitable, and the fact that the MFH kits have so much white metal bits is a pain too.
Renaissance kits have great detail and all in Resin. I have built the Ren. Aston http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=656827
and am totally happy with the kit, I have also built the MFH too and it is cleaner but a bit less detailed. They both have pros and cons, and I think that it is up to the modeller to bring out the best of what material he has in a kit.
Its not what you build, but how you build it that counts and makes the difference ......

Add your comment to this topic!