Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Are Volvo parts expensive?

Rocktosh
11-19-2006, 02:36 PM
Hi,

I was hoping that you guys will be able to help me. Me and my husband are in the process of buying a used car. I want to look into buying a used Volvo, but my husband doesn't like the idea since he thinks that Volvo parts are more expensive then parts for other cars. This is of course important since used cars tend to need to have work done sooner or later.
So, maybe you Volvo owner could tell me; are Volvo parts more expensive then, say, Toyota or Mazda parts, or are expensive Volvo parts a think of the past?

Thanks,

Rocktosh:wink:

aleekat
11-20-2006, 07:46 PM
Hi,

I was hoping that you guys will be able to help me. Me and my husband are in the process of buying a used car. I want to look into buying a used Volvo, but my husband doesn't like the idea since he thinks that Volvo parts are more expensive then parts for other cars. This is of course important since used cars tend to need to have work done sooner or later.
So, maybe you Volvo owner could tell me; are Volvo parts more expensive then, say, Toyota or Mazda parts, or are expensive Volvo parts a think of the past?

Thanks,

Rocktosh:wink:
If you get them from a dealer, YES. Several online sources..fcpgroton.com for one. If taken care of, they can last a long time. Look over at the brickboard.com

KManiac
11-23-2006, 09:51 AM
I would agree that Volvo parts are more expensive at the dealer than through an independent parts house. I am fortunate to have an independent Volvo parts distributor near where I live.

The most amazing thing I have discovered about Volvo parts is that they are readily available. When I bought our 1986 740 two years ago, I was amazed that every little factory part I needed was available, from either the dealer or the parts house.

Also, for the do-it-yourselfer, the Volvo is very simple to work on.

gmorgan23
06-14-2007, 08:57 PM
If you get them from a dealer, YES. Several online sources..fcpgroton.com for one. If taken care of, they can last a long time. Look over at the brickboard.com

It is true.. Some parts are expensive but there are other companies that are also selling Volvo car parts and accessories so you do not have to worry about that. Besides, Volvo is a very great car (for me..)

jdgomez
03-14-2008, 12:00 AM
It is true.. Some parts are expensive but there are other companies that are also selling Volvo link removed by Moderator-spamand accessories so you do not have to worry about that. Besides, Volvo is a very great car (for me..)
I agree. There are even those who sell second hand parts for almost half the price. The trick here is finding the best auto parts dealer and sticking with it. :grinyes:

Krisverde
03-19-2008, 01:48 AM
Generally they are not, like mentioned before...all about finding the right distributor. IPD is fairly expensive, but a guy on turbobricks sells stuff for real cheap also. Depends on what you are looking for.

jaguarjenna56
05-08-2008, 09:22 PM
It really depends on what type of parts you're buying...it may be a link removed by Moderator-spamVolvo Catalytic Converter[/url],clutch, or any part of the car you buy. :smooch:

charliebrown408
11-09-2010, 08:07 PM
Yes...!!
But its luxurious.
As per other part of your vehicle Volvo is vary expensive part but its necessary for the luxurious lifestyle.

David yu
04-21-2016, 09:33 PM
Maybe your husband is right and Volvo parts is more expensive than Mazda.
I do hope it can help you make a right decision.

Add your comment to this topic!