Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

in need of some serious help

graygoose
11-14-2006, 01:28 PM
I bought a 1988 suzuki samurai yesterday ...2 hours later I broke it...I think....I drove it home just find...decided to take it for a drive so I went to taco bell and noticed and nice dirt spot to test out my fourwheel drive....so I pull in the dirt....get out and set both hubs to lock..then put it in 4L then take of..and stay in second gear prob did a top speed of 15mph then I put it back in first and drove it around for a bit and then got out set the hubs to FREE..then try to put it back in 2wd....but the 4x4 knob only moved once out of 4wd and locked up......it won't go anywhere.....and I could put the vehicle in 1st 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th...without holding the clutch down and stalling or anything.........im really screwed....and the car won't go into gear ...it wont move at all...well unless I push it...the car start just fine...but and gear it stay in neutral..all gears just just make the engine riv........help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

barberi560
01-23-2008, 10:14 AM
your shifter seat is worn out. The transfer case is stuck in neutral. search the web they sell a better than oem quality one every where for around 20 bucks.

caryabhi127
05-27-2009, 06:11 PM
How much you lost in this deal?

elkhunter2981
08-26-2009, 11:30 PM
i can tell you what is going on ive had a couple guys call me with this problem. the t-case shifts in a u patern if its not you have to take your t-case shifter out and the boot off. to get the shifter out climb under the sammy and push the rubber boot off of the t-case then take your fingers and put them on top right at the base of the shifter and push down and turn once you get the shifter out make sure both of your shifting forks are in line the one on the pas. side should be all the way forward the one on the driver side should be in line when you get that done put your shifter back in and shift into 2wd it should be fine good luck

Add your comment to this topic!