Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

SpecV(torkmonster) vs. 2002 SI??

babyskyline
09-12-2002, 06:48 PM
Just wanted some opinions, becuase there was this real cocky idiot that wanted to run me in his STOCK 2002 SI for money. What do you guys think? I checked his car, he has no NOS, so I know he must have alot of faith in his car.

TatII
09-12-2002, 07:02 PM
well the new Si's are slow. if it was the older ones, then he could give you a run in the top end. the new Si's in my opinion are a joke. they still got teh same hp but with some more torque. but it weights like 200lb more. i predict that you'll take him 2 cars easy. the race is as good as yours. shut that idiot up and make him regret that he spent money on that car. he seems like he doens't know what hes talkin about. you'll tear him off the line. and the main thing is if you can keep the lead. but since his car weights around as much as yours. he won't gain on you. weight about the same, has less hp, and has a whole less torque. hmmmmmmm

StageIII_TurboZ
09-12-2002, 10:17 PM
You'll rip him a new one.....maybe not humiliate him, but you'll certainly beat him. The new Honduh's are a joke. (excluding a propperly modded S2000). Glad to see there are fellow nissan owners on this board. :D

Have fun, and post the kill after your done wipin' the walls with him.
I'm giving you the "NICE KILL :ylsuper: " in advance :D

street_racer_00
09-12-2002, 10:41 PM
yeah, the new Si's are ball-less if you ask me. I think you should be able to take him.:cool:

Polygon
09-12-2002, 10:42 PM
Yeah, you'll take him. Stock Si Civics are a joke. I knew a guy who had one, he thought it was pretty damn fast and drove it like it was. I remember a few races with him and I murdered him, he was even once beaten by a Chevy Silverado. No worries man, take him down.

babyskyline
09-13-2002, 12:34 AM
Hey guys thanks for all the input. I already knew that I would because I have ran like 3-4 different RSX TypeS's and I beat them all. Looks like I'm getting paid twice tomorrow..... Once from my job (the military) and this guy. Oh well lets just get this over with.:D

street_racer_00
09-13-2002, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by babyskyline
I have ran like 3-4 different RSX TypeS's and I beat them all.
Are you absolutely positively 100% sure that they were ALL the type-S?:confused:

babyskyline
09-13-2002, 01:16 AM
Yes I'm postive, that's why I wanted to run them. The one guy wanted to run me because of what I was driving. I'm not saying that I blew them out of the water but I didn't lose. Yeah..yeah I know IT'S A TYPES, Look this debate with the TypeS and the SpecV's is never gonna be satisfied. I just wish that people would look at everything about both cars. TypeS has more hp, SpecV has more torque with 20 less hp. They weigh about the same. I mean it's gonna be close no matter what, so when I hear these people talk about how they beat a SpecV by so much, I just say whatever.:rolleyes: There was one good comment that someone had made on clubsi.com. He said that not everyone is gonna have a perfect run in their car, so it's not the car your beating....it's the driver.

street_racer_00
09-13-2002, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by babyskyline
He said that not everyone is gonna have a perfect run in their car, so it's not the car your beating....it's the driver.
Yeah, I guess it's true to an extent.

Layla's Keeper
09-13-2002, 09:52 PM
Run fast and hide deep, because if anything NISMO digs the grave of the rice-crowds most hallowed car, they'll try to torture you with the screen tests of the actors who DIDN'T make it into "The Fast and the Furious".

Of course, it could be worse. Out run an Integra GSR in a '96 Neon Sport Coupe. Talk about some pissed off ricers...:angel:

-The Stig-
09-14-2002, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Octagon

Of course, it could be worse. Out run an Integra GSR in a '96 Neon Sport Coupe. Talk about some pissed off ricers...:angel:

... or even worst... out run them in a '86 Blazer K5 (4x4) that weighs 5200lbs...

if the picture loads... this is my truck... and it has out run 2 ricers... it maybe a short kill list... but LOOK AT IT! Give it up for GM people!:ylsuper

street_racer_00
09-14-2002, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by RedNeck383

... or even worst... out run them in a '86 Blazer K5 (4x4) that weighs 5200lbs...

if the picture loads... this is my truck... and it has out run 2 ricers... it maybe a short kill list... but LOOK AT IT! Give it up for GM people!:ylsuper

well rope my ankles and call me pa! :D

-The Stig-
09-14-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by street_racer_00

well rope my ankles and call me pa! :D

boy you're cruisin' for a bruisin'... :biggrin2:

street_racer_00
09-14-2002, 07:35 PM
I know :D

Add your comment to this topic!