Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Since I've Been Gone

S13wanabe
11-07-2006, 02:52 AM
Whatup guys. Well my motor dynoed 202.3whp. I posted that a long time ago. Since that pull I added full synthetic oil, 70mm throttlebody, and had the intake manifold port matched to the TB and the runners to the intake ports at Portflow. Guessing I'm putting about 210whp now. Well I have fun beating the crap out of STi's and Evo's. I usually race from a rolling start in second or first and shut it down when I shift into fourth, usually several car lengths ahead. They are no challenge, but on the freeway they pose more of a threat. I have raced a couple NA Porsche's and haven't lost yet. The bad news is about three weeks ago I bent valves. Don't really know how, looks like a valve just stuck open. $1,000 later my head is back on. I tell you what, head work is not cheap. I got all new a new valve, all new valve springs, and all new retainers. They are all the best on the market without losing power. Basically a stiffer valve spring than what I have would lose power on my setup. I had to get all the valve seats redone and a new valve job. There is a tiny chunk out of the piston, but it was still usable. The motor is good again. Just thought I would give an update. Things have been really shitty for me because of having no money. That's why I moved back home and am planning on building myself a new motor. This motor will be my personal build project to full race specs. I am expecting about 250whp and high 11's in the 1/4 mile. I haven't tracked my car yet, but I will be sure to post my time slips when I do. Low 13's and hopefully high 12's will be the outcome.

00accord44
11-07-2006, 12:46 PM
Sorry, I'm not familliar with your car. I assume this is the civic listed in your profile. What block are you using? Sounds good overall though.

S13wanabe
11-07-2006, 08:54 PM
It's a mildly built LS/Vtec. Just to update, ITR pistons so I can stay on 91 octane, full balancing, Valve job and mild port on exhaust ports by Portflow, skunk2 stage 2 cams, retainers and valve springs, 2.5" exhaust with no cat, Shitty DC 4-1 JDM header (will have a new one soon), mugen chipped ecu, cam gears, and the afore mentioned parts.

Oh, and to answer your question, stock bore b18b1

Add your comment to this topic!