Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Had the transmission serviced, Bad news

whitecrystal1
10-27-2006, 05:51 PM
Well, I had my transmission serviced at the dealer yesterday. I ask to have a flush and the new Dextron VI put in it with a new filter. When I was picking my car up today they gave me a piece of plastic they said was in the pan. They called it a thrust washer and said it was from fourth gear. It was only a small piece of it. They said they only went ahead and changed the filter and replaced the six quarts that was needed. That it would be a wast to flush it because of what they found. They said that it may last a while longer or not but to take it easy on the car. The funny thing is it still drives like the day I bought it. I would have never guessed it's getting ready to break. That really sucks because This has been my favorite car.
Here is a picture of the piece out of the pan.
http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/1324/dsc01159df0.th.jpg (http://img45.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc01159df0.jpg)

GTP Dad
10-27-2006, 05:57 PM
This may have been the best thing that could have happened. If you had flushed a transmission with that many miles you may have destroyed it with the flush. That piece of plastic may have been there for a long time. Keep on driving to see what happens. I bet you won't have any problems with the car. Besides if you have 250K on the clock you have gotten your money's worth out of the transmission.

whitecrystal1
10-27-2006, 06:02 PM
This may have been the best thing that could have happened. If you had flushed a transmission with that many miles you may have destroyed it with the flush. That piece of plastic may have been there for a long time. Keep on driving to see what happens. I bet you won't have any problems with the car. Besides if you have 250K on the clock you have gotten your money's worth out of the transmission.

It has been serviced regularly and the last one was only 20K ago at 185K. The car has 205K right now. There was nothing in the pan at 185.

troy1
10-30-2006, 09:16 PM
Thats too bad...... With 205K its done its job well!

Add your comment to this topic!