Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

92 Cutlass Supreme heater hose question?

Rusty280Z
10-09-2006, 10:03 AM
92 Supreme SL, 3.4 DOHC I have a fixture located on top of the heater hose metal housing prior to the engine block that looks like a grease fixture. I cannot find this item in my Chilton's manual. I did notice a very small amount of coolant at the bottom of the fitting. Is this a grease fixture? Any reponse would be appreciated, Russ

Roudy4x4
12-24-2006, 02:38 AM
Im not 100% sure, with your car, but those fittings are usually for releasing air from the system. It kinda looks like a grease fitting, or a brake bleader screw... To know for sure, start your car, and let it warm up, once its warn, loosen that fitting just a little, and steam/air chould come out, your soposed to crack it opened, untill all the air comes out, then tighten it...
Hope this helps
92 Supreme SL, 3.4 DOHC I have a fixture located on top of the heater hose metal housing prior to the engine block that looks like a grease fixture. I cannot find this item in my Chilton's manual. I did notice a very small amount of coolant at the bottom of the fitting. Is this a grease fixture? Any reponse would be appreciated, Russ

theragtopguy
12-25-2006, 02:20 AM
Roudy4x4 is correct, that is an air bleeder screw.

Add your comment to this topic!