Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1998 Dodge 1500 rubbing clanking noise

98gpking
09-26-2006, 04:51 PM
my dads got a 1998 dodge ram pickup 1500 with the 5.2L engine its the short bed regular cab no back seats or anything. small little truck.

for about 6 months now hes been complaining about some weird noise. its seems to be a constant rubbing knocking noise coming from the front end. when he takes a turn regardless the speed or angle of the turn it seems to get louder. it dosent speed up or slow down just a constant noise. any ideas. sorry about the blunt description its hard to describe a noise haha

hondahappy86
09-28-2006, 12:48 AM
its a constant tapping sound right....mine has the same noise....its in the falvetrain....im gonna change the pushrods and rockers and see if it clears up...ill let ya know

98gpking
09-28-2006, 07:58 AM
its a constant tapping sound right....mine has the same noise....its in the falvetrain....im gonna change the pushrods and rockers and see if it clears up...ill let ya know

its not in the engine it sounds like its underneathe the car somewhere. i bent a lifter in my grand i know what a lifter tap sounds like. this gets louder when i turn corners.

Add your comment to this topic!