Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

portrait of my hero PETER BROCK

rexsins-art
09-24-2006, 01:41 AM
this guy is my hero he is the main reasons why i love cars so much ,look at my avator he personally signed that drawing i did of one of his cars ,he was the best race driver australia has ever produced and unfortunately just passed away in a recent accident aged 61 doing what he what he loved RACING,you guys may or may not have heard of him but hes just as well known in australia and parts of the world as steve irwin,in my pain and respect to him i drew this portrait,hope you guys like it ...thanks for looking

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/rexsin/pbrock.jpg

stuffbyalex
10-09-2006, 12:47 AM
This is a really nice portrait, although I'm not familiar with what he looks like in real life. The only thing I noticed is that the pupils aren't centered.

Alex

rexsins-art
10-09-2006, 07:54 PM
thanks man ,ive got to scan the reference pic so you can see hes actually looking in that direction,also the scanner didnt pick up all the shading as usual....doh

KustmAce
10-16-2006, 02:11 AM
Needs more contrast on his face. Other than that, looks good

bonzelite
10-17-2006, 11:55 AM
respect.

i know who he is. he drove a Monaro at one point. excellent portrait.

rexsins-art
10-18-2006, 11:24 PM
thanks guys ,he was a big influence on me thats for sure

kustmace -damn scanner doesnt show it but theres shading there lol

GirlBear
11-01-2006, 12:46 PM
I had 2 Google "Peter Brock". Wanted a ref. Never saw his pic. I must say b4 i saw a pic of him, I thought it was an excellent drawing. After I saw a pic Im Floored. This is an incredible rendering of ur Hero. Great job!

rexsins-art
11-01-2006, 08:56 PM
thankyou girlbear ,that means alot ,i have it hanging on my wall and my 5 yr old nephew walked in and said oh you drew peter brock,saying i was happy to have a 5 yr old recognise it ,is an understatement ,i was also shocked that he even knew him lol,he casually said oh ive seen him on TV it was amazing...the referenc pic i used was when he was in his 40,s so its a fairly old picture probably 20 yrs old

Add your comment to this topic!