Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I-280

Womp
09-20-2006, 07:42 AM
I purchased an I-280 earlier this year. I have noticed that it is much like the Chevy Colorado. My question is how similar are the parts are it to the Colorado. I am searching for a Lowering Kit, as well as a new intake and exhaust. Im unable to find anything for the I-280.

amigo-2k
09-20-2006, 09:03 AM
It is the same truck. The only difference is you have a better warranty and the badges on the truck say Isuzu instead of Chevy.

PamzJoe
10-06-2006, 12:06 AM
I purchased an I-280 earlier this year. I have noticed that it is much like the Chevy Colorado. My question is how similar are the parts are it to the Colorado. I am searching for a Lowering Kit, as well as a new intake and exhaust. Im unable to find anything for the I-280.
Hey, good to hear from another owner. I was begining to think I was the only one! I have an'07 I-290 ('07s have the 2.9 I-4 engine hence the I-290.) Anyway before I made the puchase, I did some research on the truck. Seems the Isuzu pickups are built side by side with the Chevy Colorado & the GMC Canyon. General motors builds them for distribution in the U.S. Isuzu in Japan builds them for distribution in Europe. The only reason I bought the Isuzu, was for thier much better warranty. As far as after market stuff like for example for my truck, custom wheels, bug deflector, bed rail protectors, dash kit for new stereo install, all the same as the Colorado. If you cant find stuff for your 280, just order it for a Chevy Colorado. One of the techs at my dealership told me the engines are exactly the same! By the way, when I bought my custom wheels & took the factory one off, they had "GM" stamped on the inside. Hope thi little bit of info helps out.
Joe

Womp
10-06-2006, 06:52 AM
Thanks a lot, all the information does help. I want to start the mods soon. everything that I want to do.
1. Bucket Seats
2. Boost on engine
3. Lowering
4. Custom wheels
and some minor things like sterio system, and ground effects. because of this truck being a base model it should come easy to customize it to the way I want.

PamzJoe
10-06-2006, 12:07 PM
Good deal. I really like my truck. I had an '05 Silverado extended cab Z71. It was costing me 65 bucks every four days in gas. I could'nt deal with that. I could'nt believe how roomy the cab is. I'm a big guy so that's a plus. Let me know if I can help w/any questions. Good luck.
Joe

2eyefishclaw
06-21-2007, 10:05 PM
remember if you swap wheels out you need the tire pressure sensor to be swapped out also or your low tire lamp will always be on

P51nerd
06-05-2008, 01:05 AM
Thanks a lot, all the information does help. I want to start the mods soon. everything that I want to do.
1. Bucket Seats
2. Boost on engine
3. Lowering
4. Custom wheels
and some minor things like sterio system, and ground effects. because of this truck being a base model it should come easy to customize it to the way I want.

Post some pic's when youre done!!! I am considering buying an i290 and want to see what I can get out of it!

Add your comment to this topic!