Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'97 Mountaineer Tissues/Console Lid...

Dunyduke16
09-09-2006, 01:33 PM
I own a '97 Mercury Mountaineer. There is a tissue holder in the front console. The holder holds small boxes of tissues and is located underneath the console lid and behind the coin holder. Any idea where I can get more boxes that would fit that holder?

Also, I'm looking to replace my console lid. Has some tears in it. I've been looking around on ebay and finding mostly repair kits or offers to send it to someone to have it reupholstered. Any idea how cheap I could find a new lid for relatively cheap and where?

Thanks in advance.

shorod
09-11-2006, 12:45 PM
Since the Explorers also have the tissue dispenser, you may want to post this request on the Explorer forum as well. I recently bought a Mountaineer and would like to learn where the tissues can be purchased too. My brother used to be able to find them for his Explorer from Wal-Mart, but hasn't seen them there recently.

As for the console lid, eBay is probably my first choice for items like that. There are many salvage yards supplying interior pieces, and if they don't have one listed, you may want to e-mail them with a specific request.

Be sure you don't limit your search just to the Mountaineer in your particular model year, you'll have a better chance if you also include Explorers of the same generation (I believe '96-2001 were all nearly identical).

There are also some networked salvage yards on the Internet. A quick Froogle search for "used Mountaineer console" will probably yield many results. Your request will be forwarded to numerous salvage yards and they will contact you with availability and pricing.

-Rod

shorod
10-05-2006, 06:28 PM
I just stopped by Walgreen's on a tip and they have the Kleenex Juniors in stock which fit the tissue dispenser just fine, $1.49.

-Rod

EricWolfson
07-26-2007, 09:57 PM
I have a 97 as well and my wife buys the tissues at Wal-Mart.

Add your comment to this topic!