Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'91 Legend LS Coupe - What's this "keyhole" for?

donato91
09-06-2006, 03:14 AM
I don't have a manual yet- this is on the dash about 3 inches left of steering column. It's like the one by the shift (auto) that frees the gearshift.
I used that one removing stereo for service. (stereo works great now!) I'd rather ask other Legend lovers than call the dealer who found close to $2k to repair every other time I had maintenance done when I took my Bahama Gold '88 L Coupe in, they "took me in!" I don't have any photos yet, but this Pearl White '91 LS Coupe is the best car I've ever owned. No sign of the dreaded BHG and she's got 163k. Had 160k when I got her late last year. I've searched the thousand-plus page pdf file, no luck.
Somebody please tell me what that little horizontal slot is used for. It's spring loaded- I started a key in a tiny bit- but thought,"don't ram that key in there, idiot, ya don't know what it might screw up!" Hope someone knows this feature. Legend, long may you run! Thanks!

StavenKnight
09-15-2006, 04:05 PM
I don't have a manual yet- this is on the dash about 3 inches left of steering column. It's like the one by the shift (auto) that frees the gearshift.
I used that one removing stereo for service. (stereo works great now!) I'd rather ask other Legend lovers than call the dealer who found close to $2k to repair every other time I had maintenance done when I took my Bahama Gold '88 L Coupe in, they "took me in!" I don't have any photos yet, but this Pearl White '91 LS Coupe is the best car I've ever owned. No sign of the dreaded BHG and she's got 163k. Had 160k when I got her late last year. I've searched the thousand-plus page pdf file, no luck.
Somebody please tell me what that little horizontal slot is used for. It's spring loaded- I started a key in a tiny bit- but thought,"don't ram that key in there, idiot, ya don't know what it might screw up!" Hope someone knows this feature. Legend, long may you run! Thanks!

It's for resetting the maintenance required light. Evidently every 7500 miles or so, the "light" cycles from red to green (or something like that). So you just stick the key in there and it resets.

Sandbar5
12-04-2006, 01:23 PM
Yes! it resets your maintence indicator on the dash from red to green! Good luck!

Add your comment to this topic!