Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Who takes care or emissions warranty?

Woowagon
08-29-2006, 01:52 PM
The flex pipe on my '00 Nubi wagon has failed. I took it to Midas to get an estimate. These particular guys are an honest bunch. They actually tried to NOT take my money.

Since the down pipe, flex pipe, and catalytic convertor are one piece, they claim that the emissions warranty should cover the repair. I tried to explain that Daewoo is defunct here in the States so there is nobody to honor anything. They counter by saying that somebody HAS to, as it is a federal regulation.

I have them write up the estimate anyway as they have the parts to do it and tell them that I will make an attempt at finding some warranty info. Has anyone tried this yet. The only entity that MIGHT have anything to do with honoring the emissions warranty is GM since they supply the drivetrain. What say you all?

I think that for $154 and change I just have them do it and move on. Of course, that is a lot of good beer and scotch.....

Woowagon
10-06-2006, 07:53 PM
On the advise from another site, I was able to get the entire pipe replaced under the federal emissions warranty. I did have to pay for a new O2 sensor ($154 total bill) as they claim it cannot be removed without damage after so many miles. I did not want to argue about that since the cost for the pipe, from the dealer, is $1099! ANyway, the car is nice and quiet once again and runs a tiny bit smoother as well (old O2 sensor not up to snuff?).

Add your comment to this topic!