Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

92 Spirit wont go over 45MPH

Mike Gerber
08-26-2006, 07:09 AM
I spend most of my time on the Toyota Camry forum, so I'm new here. I'm trying to help my sister-in-law over the phone. Her 92 Spirit, (I think it's the same as the Aclaim) with around 100,000 miles on it, has a hard time going over 45 MPH. It starts to hestitate and possibily miss at that speed. At lower speeds it seems to be ok. The local mechanic has replaced the fuel filter and then the fuel pump itself, but that didn't help. He doesn't know what to do next. Does anybody have any ideas here? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mike

irishderry
11-26-2006, 11:10 AM
I spend most of my time on the Toyota Camry forum, so I'm new here. I'm trying to help my sister-in-law over the phone. Her 92 Spirit, (I think it's the same as the Aclaim) with around 100,000 miles on it, has a hard time going over 45 MPH. It starts to hestitate and possibily miss at that speed. At lower speeds it seems to be ok. The local mechanic has replaced the fuel filter and then the fuel pump itself, but that didn't help. He doesn't know what to do next. Does anybody have any ideas here? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mike

The cat/exhaust might be clogged.

Add your comment to this topic!