Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Citylites Hood Glow

crook4life07
08-20-2006, 10:43 AM
I purchased my 03' tiburon last week, and i noticed it has two neon lights under the hood, and the wires go to a small black box, then the black box has a small wire comming out that has been cut. Im assuming the previous owner cut it because its illegal. However... I want them working again. Do I just run that wire to the battery? Or is it more complicated?

Rickna
08-26-2006, 02:10 PM
I purchased my 03' tiburon last week, and i noticed it has two neon lights under the hood, and the wires go to a small black box, then the black box has a small wire comming out that has been cut. Im assuming the previous owner cut it because its illegal. However... I want them working again. Do I just run that wire to the battery? Or is it more complicated?Black wires are usually grounds. Any other wires coming out?

crook4life07
08-27-2006, 09:06 PM
um its 2 wires connected really... one side black and one side red, but i just ran red to battery and black to ground and still nothing, is there supposed to be a switch or anything? I think i might just take it to autozone or something.

Rickna
08-27-2006, 09:19 PM
The black box is the inverter. Are the wires intact going to the neons? Any fuses, or any other wires? It's possible the wies were cut because the neons stopped working.

Add your comment to this topic!