Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

NEED HELP with hubs PLEASE!

SilverLotus340R
08-21-2002, 10:31 PM
A friend of mine just bought a 2002 X and she doesnt like how on the front how the center of the rim has like a "hole" in the middle. There is nothing there but a hole. And she wanted me to find some type of aftermarket cover for it..is there such a thing?? links would be nice ??

thanks in advance

ozxterra
08-21-2002, 11:43 PM
Is it an SE or XE or SC?? 2 Wheel Drive or 4 Wheel Drive??
There shouldnt be a "hole" but the setup differs on models and trims.. Maybe a cap is missing or something..

evergreen
08-22-2002, 12:39 AM
call your local dealer. i think you can just order a set of rear caps and they should fit on front. ask first, cause i am not 100%.
or look at www.xterraparts.com

OffroadX
08-22-2002, 08:40 AM
The dealer won't know if they'll fit, but you can certainly just try swapping the rear hub cover on the front for yourself.

BTW, where's the fire? NEED HELP... PLEASE! Really now, is it that urgent? :D

Brent

SilverLotus340R
08-22-2002, 09:02 AM
thanks guys i have no idea what trim it is but i know its 4 wd. I 'll suggest ordering a pair for the rear for the front ( that makes no sense)

BTW, where's the fire? NEED HELP... PLEASE! Really now, is it that urgent?
jerk:finger: :D j/k i was just trying to get attention...and i said please cuz most of the time if you dont ppl might not respond...at least in the Toyota Forum

wqbang
08-22-2002, 11:47 AM
If it were 4WD, there would be a black thing in that hole with "AUTOMATIC" in big white letters. If there is in fact just a big hole, it looks as though she has a 2WD with 4WD caps on the front.

Another really easy way to tell if it is a 4wd is that there will be TWO gear shifters instead of one.

If it is in fact a 2WD, you can order new front caps from Xterraparts.com They are pretty cheap. They will have a Nissan emblem in place of the hole.

hobbes69
08-23-2002, 12:46 AM
Actually, mine didn't have the "AUTOMATIC" stickers on them, just the center cap with a hole in it. All you could see was black. I bought a pair of the ones without the hole ($30/peice for the silver ones). They fit just fine.

Bayou Boy
09-07-2002, 01:29 PM
Yea they seem like they fit fine but they don't. otherwise Nissan would use them. Don't ya think? I found this out when I wrecked a rim and the guy who fixed it ordered a 2wd cap instead of 4wd and it fell off a few months afterwards. It may not fall off now but it will fall off. What a waste of money anyway.

hobbes69
09-09-2002, 09:00 AM
They put them on all 4 wheel drives, whether they have automatic or manual hubs. The rear ones fit fine on the front, they don't have any contact with the hubs, which would be the only concern. I've had mine on for 7500 miles with no problems.

Add your comment to this topic!