1989 Master Brake Cylinder

jiveabillion
08-11-2006, 04:33 PM
I'm pretty sure my master cylinder is shot in my 1989 Buick Electra T-Type. The ABS lights stay on and it is extremely hard to stop the car. I read that the replacement part is not availible from auto parts stores, and Buick charges about 2,000 for the necessary parts. I need to know if I must do anything special to switch from ABS to Non ABS. Some detailed info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Alibi
08-15-2006, 01:52 AM
I asked this quite a while back somewhere but I didn't seem to get the answer I wanted.

What I think you need to convert from ABS to non ABS is a new master cylander, unplug ABS sensors on each wheel, and (maybe) bypass the ABS module. I haven't ever done this so I'm not sure...

Is your T 2 doors by any chance? Either way, go here: http://www.lesabret.com

Search and there may be a thread in there somewhere, otherwise you can join and ask as I think a couple guys there have done the conversion.

LeSabre T-Types and Electra T-Types are almost identical...

Edit: As far as parts go, junkyards and Ebay are your best friend...or the for sale forum on LeSabre T, assuming your Electra is a FWD H-body with a Vin C 3800. And I also think that it is your ABS module going south, not the master cylander. But I know very little about ABS since I've never owned anything newer than 1990 :)

Add your comment to this topic!