Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Distributor installation on 95 4.3???????????

sjahr
07-25-2006, 09:50 PM
How is this done if the crankshaft has been turned with it removed? After I replaced the lower manifold gasket, CPI, gaskets and O-rings, I re-installed everything and the starter couldn't turn the motor. It tries, but something is stopping it. I took the distributor back out and was able to turn the crankshaft by hand to what I think is TDC on #1. I put the distributor back in with it aimed between the 1 and 6 as I read in a manual, but again the motor won't turn. The distributor is sitting down on the block, but the motor won't turn. Could anyone please tell me where I went wrong other than trying to do this myself? Thanks.

herkyhawki
07-31-2006, 04:39 PM
Charge your battery.

rlith
07-31-2006, 06:22 PM
You have to make sure it's 0 degrees TDC, then when you put the dist in, it MUST point to the #1 on the cap... Realize it may take 3 or 4 tries to drop it in because on the 95 w/ the ecm on the coolant bottle, you can be a tooth off in either direction and it won't start...But it just can't be between 1 and 6, it but be directly on 1...Also make sure your crank position sensor is connected properly.

Add your comment to this topic!