Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Connecting the Lockup on a THM200

kbdelta88
07-08-2006, 06:59 PM
I just changed out the tranny in a 1984 delta 88. It's tranny was a THM200 3 speed automatic (no overdrive). My delta 88 orginally had 3 wires going into the lockup connection. I thought the tranny I put in was the same, but it only has two wires. Is this a problem?? Would it hurt to not connect it at all? Should I connect it anyway? HELP?

maxwedge
07-08-2006, 08:14 PM
I just changed out the tranny in a 1984 delta 88. It's tranny was a THM200 3 speed automatic (no overdrive). My delta 88 orginally had 3 wires going into the lockup connection. I thought the tranny I put in was the same, but it only has two wires. Is this a problem?? Would it hurt to not connect it at all? Should I connect it anyway? HELP?
One wire is powered up all the time, there should be another one that is grounded as the the car reaches proper load/speed . You may have to hook up a manual switch here as it sounds like the trans is from a different year. Try and get a wiring diagram for your year and see what's what

repoman76
07-30-2006, 07:08 PM

it sounds like u may have a trany for an earlyier model,my advice is get numbers of trany and contact an olds dealer to find out year and model of trany,and also ask them for a wiring diagrahm.

Add your comment to this topic!