Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New Dodge Challenger

CarInfoGuy
07-04-2006, 01:16 PM
I think we're gonna need a new Dodge Challenger board here, 'cuz Dodge announced that they're gonna bring it out in '08.

Check out my photos from the Chicago Auto Show...http://www.carsandracingstuff.com/encyclopedia/c/challenger.php

Can you tell I love this car?

A convertible in Plum Crazy....I don't think I'd sell my soul for one, but I'd rent it out for a while. :evillol:

BleedDodge
07-06-2006, 09:03 PM
Should have a Challenger board anyways.

fredjacksonsan
07-07-2006, 09:41 AM
Nice....I like that they used the 70's body style and updated it.

bawolvesfan
07-13-2006, 09:52 PM
anybody else think they should have an allwheel drive version? atleast for me living in minnesota, it would be way nicer if the car were able to be driven all year, not just in the summer
what would they have to do to make an all wheel drive version?

Julzboi661
07-18-2006, 01:02 AM
bawolves, they'd have to make a whole different drivetrain, and its usually easier done on FWD cars to start with.

Anyone know how much the R/t is gonna set us back?

StreetRacer4Life
07-18-2006, 09:59 AM
I heard that the new Challenger was goin' to cost slightley more expensive than the 06' Ford Mustang but with alot more HP and torque b/c its goin' to be a Hemi!

RX-7 Steve
07-18-2006, 10:21 PM
I love the new Challenger. I think Dodge did a much better job with this concept that they did with the peice-of-shit Charger.

Julzboi661
07-18-2006, 11:12 PM
i kinda like the new charger. I found a picture on www.allcarwallpapers.com (http://www.allcarwallpapers.com) of a charger dressed up in "SUPER-BEE" emblems and insigniating graphics. it is now my background on my computer.

the Challenger is going to be a car to drool over (i'm only 15 years old) and i won't be able to get one anytime soon. Hoping to have one pretty soon after they're out 2 years. ( Let someone buy it, take the price hit, and then i'll buy it used cheaper.)

My Mom resides in a desert town in washington st. When i get one, i'm gonna definately take it out that way and open 'er up. I can't wait. I'm so stoked about these cars. Its rightfully this month's cover of Motor Trend.

Blackbird3
07-27-2006, 02:36 PM
anybody else think they should have an allwheel drive version? atleast for me living in minnesota, it would be way nicer if the car were able to be driven all year, not just in the summer
what would they have to do to make an all wheel drive version?

The Challenger will be built on the same chassis platform, albeit with a different wheelbase, as the 300C, Magnum & Charger. The 300C and Magnum are already available with the AWD option, so the design, engineering and parts are already in existence.

So the question becomes: will Chrysler do it? My guess is no, simply because the Mustang and upcoming Camaro won't have AWD.

I used to own a 1997 Trans Am WS6 (without traction control) and was forced to use it for one winter (in a northern climate) before I sold it. So I had it oil sprayed for rust prevention, put a set of Bridgestone Blizzaks on 16" rims and tossed 100lbs of gravel bags (because sandbags leak) in the trunk as ballast and had no issues at all, from a standing start I could even outrun FWD cars with all-season tires in a snowstorm. So a RWD Challenger shouldn't be a problem IMO.

Here's an article about the 300C AWD:
http://car-reviews.automobile.com/Chrysler/review/2005-chrysler-300c-awd-road-test/1218/

BillWV
07-29-2006, 08:54 PM
Price is supposed to be similar to the current Charger. Probably same two engine options, too: 5.7 MDS Hemi or 6.1 SRT Hemi. Last rumor I heard said DC wasn't sure yet on transmission options, but most likely NOT the Viper 6-speed that is in the concept car.

The SRT will be too expensive for me, but I'm all in for a 5.7, especially if it comes with a manual transmission.

Can't wait for more details!

Bill

Add your comment to this topic!