Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

help!!!! drivetrain help needed

LT1396
06-30-2006, 04:15 PM
I am building a project blazer utilizing one of my stroked 396 lt1 engines. My hopes were to make it all wheel drive like the typhoons. I will assume i should start with a 4wd blazer, but from there i need advise as to all things i will need to convert. i found a source for the transfer case but that is it!!!. cann anyone tell me all i will need or direct me to someone who will know and or provide all parts??? Thanks for any help. BB

LT1396
06-30-2006, 04:34 PM
or would an olds bravada or safari be a better starting point?

turbodog
08-04-2006, 03:51 PM
Yes, you need to start with a 4X4 truck. Bravada xfer case, propshaft front diff will work fine. There are differences in front diff-to-front propshaft flanges, so best to get everything from the same donor truck. Astro hardware will work also, but the front propshaft will be the wrong length.

Expect to put money into the trans. AWD + big torque = fragged 700R4.

Register on syty.net and watch the 'parts for sale' forum.

or go to www.car-part.com and search for Bravadas or Astros in your area.

maxwedge
08-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Yes, you need to start with a 4X4 truck. Bravada xfer case, propshaft front diff will work fine. There are differences in front diff-to-front propshaft flanges, so best to get everything from the same donor truck. Astro hardware will work also, but the front propshaft will be the wrong length.

Expect to put money into the trans. AWD + big torque = fragged 700R4.

Register on syty.net and watch the 'parts for sale' forum.

or go to www.car-part.com and search for Bravadas or Astros in your area.
Appreciate the attempt to help here but this thread is 1 year old, dead.

Add your comment to this topic!