Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

HALO or HID?

songsandstars
06-30-2006, 03:15 PM
I've been super pissed at trying to find bulbs that even come close to immitating HID bulbs for my '95 Civic LX. I was looking at halos online but am kinda unsure about how well they work. Now I'm thinking about upgrading to HID all together and then maybe a getting some one-piece (signal+headlamp in the same unit) lamps. Can anyone give me their opinons or experiences on either of these ideas? I'm pretty fed up with bulbs and clear corners at this point...

Thanks!

00accord44
06-30-2006, 05:16 PM
Simple math

HID = :boink:
Halos = :thumbsdow

:boink:>:thumbsdow

I've had both... my halos sit in my basement waiting on me to finally buy a better projector unit and bring them back to life again. My HIDs have been in my car since I got them and I have no intention of ever taking them out:2cents:

edit: by HID I assume you mean the real deal right? (new bulbs, ballasts, fuses, relays, the whole 9)

double edit: you can have both. Its just the projectors that come in all the halo sets I've seen are ass and give shitty output even with a real HID kit (learned from experience). So if you want the halos (which are unfixable when they burn out btw) plus visibility, you should probably buy a new projector housing to replace the one they give you... thus the reason mine still sit in a corner.

songsandstars
07-02-2006, 03:32 PM
thanks for the heads up...HID's it is!...

p.s. i did mean the full upgrade too, all or nothin... :-)

Add your comment to this topic!