Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

disconnect alarm in 94 suburban

jsnowbordr47
06-10-2006, 12:36 PM
I just got a 94 suburban recently, it came with a GM alarm built in but the previous owner lost the dongle thing or broke it so they always left the alarm off. I was recently doing some work on the engine which required the battery to be disconnected. Now when put the battery back on, the alarm goes off again. Does anyone know how to disable the alarm. I checked the owners manual and it says nothing about the GM securty system in it. I looked at the fuse diagam but it doesn't mention alarm anywhere. My last resort would be to cut the wiring to the alarm horn itself and reconnect it when I get a new dongle for the alarm. But I'd rather not do that.

Any help would be appreciated

MT-2500
06-10-2006, 03:34 PM
I just got a 94 suburban recently, it came with a GM alarm built in but the previous owner lost the dongle thing or broke it so they always left the alarm off. I was recently doing some work on the engine which required the battery to be disconnected. Now when put the battery back on, the alarm goes off again. Does anyone know how to disable the alarm. I checked the owners manual and it says nothing about the GM securty system in it. I looked at the fuse diagam but it doesn't mention alarm anywhere. My last resort would be to cut the wiring to the alarm horn itself and reconnect it when I get a new dongle for the alarm. But I'd rather not do that.

Any help would be appreciated

A dongel thing does not sound like a gm factory alarm.

You might try the key in door unlock thing and see what that does.
If that does not work or reset it remove the dang thing and drop it in the trash can.
Look under the dash and see if there is a extra black box and a rats nest of wiring. If so you have a aftermarket setup.
MT

Add your comment to this topic!