Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Anyone ever steal or try to steal your baby....jw?

Evilwayz249
07-30-2002, 09:02 PM
i am always scared that someone is gonna scare my car thats why i never leave it alone for that long. im thinking of getting a kill switch and some other stuff...is that a good thing to do or will they still steal my car.....anyone ever try to steal your car....i wanna know thanks

Spec2 Girl
07-30-2002, 09:11 PM
No one’s actually tried to steal my Skyline yet (although I’ve only had it for a few months now). They do seem to like the valve vaps though. I’ve had a few sets of those stolen! :rolleyes:

I think there is only so much that you can do to protect your car from theft. Mine's got just about every feature you can get in an alarm, but if someone wants it badly enough, they’ll just tow it away. It sux, but that’s reality. :(

94svt5.0
07-30-2002, 09:45 PM
I try not to scare peoples cars

Spec2 Girl
07-30-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by 94svt5.0
I try not to scare peoples cars hahaha I never even noticed until you pointed it out! :p :hehehe:

TatII
07-30-2002, 10:41 PM
lolz well no one have tried to steel my s14 yet cause its not a honda. whew lucky me

Polygon
07-30-2002, 10:51 PM
No, not yet. If someone does they'd better hope I never find them.

-The Stig-
07-31-2002, 12:13 AM
Maybe the "You toucha My Machine... I breaka your face" Sticker keeps people from nabbing it?

I dunno, havent had any trouble yet. Maybe when the cars painted it'll be more of a high ticket item.

TerminalVelocity
07-31-2002, 12:27 AM
Yep, ,once at work....but they gave up when they couldnt open the door as I was walking up.

Brent F
07-31-2002, 08:39 AM
Well I people want something bad enough they can steal it no matter what it is and that is a very unforunate fact of life. Like my dad told me locks are only to keep honest people from being tempted to be dishonest.

Super Spec V
07-31-2002, 11:58 AM
My Scooby Was Scooped...but Found!!! (this post)

Dudes and dudetts...what i tought would never happen to me...happend.

My WRX was stolen from my driveway on sunday morn @ 2am. The mother fuckers who stole it did'nt get far, becasue the engine died out on them...it was found down the street with the wiring harness laying all over the place and a screwwdriver through the ingnition.

What do you think caused the car to cut out and die? Does anyone have any suggestions as to what kind of security system i should put in the car...maybe one of those GPS tracking devices or something like that.

Please advise...and tell me if your scooby was ever stolen.

THX,

Super

crunchymilk49
07-31-2002, 01:48 PM
lol well once i was driving a friend back to his car, i think it was a probe with a body kit, (yes, i know probes suck) and when we drove up to it, the light was on and someone was in his car with a flashlight trying to steal it...

he jumped out and started to beat the living shit out of him..something about when your car is in danger, its an adreniline rush, plus he caught him by surprise... so anyway, we held him til cops came and bye bye, hes in jail

he tried to steal it from a chilis parking lot lol, well at least it was like 2 in the morning

Cbass
07-31-2002, 03:54 PM
It's not too hard to rig up an ignition interrupt... the car won't start!

Another great one is to electrify the door handles, but APPARENTLY that's ILLEGAL! Damn it, so is stealing cars!

Next time you have some time to kill, drop by a big parking lot, and just watch the lot for a while. Count the people you see trying door handles.

Spec2 Girl
07-31-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Super Spec V
What do you think caused the car to cut out and die? Does anyone have any suggestions as to what kind of security system i should put in the car...maybe one of those GPS tracking devices or something like that.

Please advise...and tell me if your scooby was ever stolen.
The police set a whole bunch of WRXs up over here as there were a lot being stolen from a particular carpark in Auckland. They had a GPS system installed and also bars to lock the doors and engine cuts so when they were stolen the police could just remotely cut the engine, bar the doors and then thanks to the GPS drive to where the cars were with the thieves stuck inside! Ingenious!! :D

crunchymilk49
07-31-2002, 08:26 PM
haha..i can imagine the look on the thieves face when the engine cuts off

Polygon
07-31-2002, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by crunchymilk49
haha..i can imagine the look on the thieves face when the engine cuts off

I once saw that on a cop show, and no it wasn't Cops. They had hidden cameras in the cars and boy was it sweet when the engine cut off.

Add your comment to this topic!