Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Postal Jeeps

lifeiscars
07-29-2002, 01:18 PM
Does anyone that talks on AF own a postal jeep. I do...but it doesnt run. Im restoring it. I think this is a good place to talk bout them......anything about them.

bowtiebandit
01-21-2003, 11:28 PM
What year do you have? I have 2 service manuals I'm selling if your interested.

450HPviper
03-19-2003, 04:32 AM
My dad wanted to get me one as my first car. I think he was joking.

99' Z-28
06-26-2003, 12:18 PM
My dad wanted to get me one as my first car. I think he was joking.
I seriously doubt he was joking. :loser:
lifeiscars, why would this be a good place to talk about them? It sounds kind of cool, but they will probably get as much respect as the Metos do here on AF.

twabml
06-02-2004, 06:41 PM
hey anyone selling a postal jeep? email me and let me know

2strokebloke
06-26-2004, 09:33 PM
A few months ago the local postal service was selling two for $1000 (for the pair!) Unfortunately, they wouldn't sell them individually.

Wolf
06-30-2004, 08:11 AM
www.jwjeep.com

Check out these guys. When I was up there looking for fullsize Jeep parts, I saw they had quite a few DJs in the yard.

bubbleandSqueak
07-01-2004, 09:46 AM
Does anyone that talks on AF own a postal jeep. I do...but it doesnt run. Im restoring it. I think this is a good place to talk bout them......anything about them.

I Had one when I got done with it, it sat like 3in. off the gound and had big 20in. rims you could not see that it was a postal jeep if you looked at ti you thiank it is like a kit car. We did a loot of work on it the body was most of the work. We chopped the top. My Friend that worked on it whent to NY with it and some guy sad he would give me and my friend $30,000 for it and we sad hell ya!!!!! We put a lest 10,000. It had a 4 banger in it we supercharged it, it was ok power. I would give you guys some pics to look at but the computer thay are no is not working and is at the store because i would like to have the pics back and if i work on it i will not get the pics of the jeep back.

samandiar
09-14-2005, 01:45 AM
I have a 79 DJ-5 with the original service manual. Does anybody know who made the motor and tranny? Is it a mopar tranny? it also has a Dana rear end, I was wondering if that also was sourced from mopar

2Metros
06-15-2006, 04:59 AM
I have a 79 DJ-5 with the original service manual. Does anybody know who made the motor and tranny? Is it a mopar tranny? it also has a Dana rear end, I was wondering if that also was sourced from mopar

1979, if it's a six it's an AMC engine with a TorqueFlite tranny. Around about that time AMC started using VW ohc fours. The Iron Duke four didn't make it in until the last couple of years (last couple of batch orders).

Add your comment to this topic!