Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Mystique 2000 stops

eduardo_seijas
05-25-2006, 06:50 PM
I have a mystique 2000, and I have a problem that no mechanic has resolved. Tha car works perfectly fine, but when it starts to get hot the cars starts to stop or tries to stop, it starts to pull or something like that. Until it stops completly. When this happens I close they key and turn the engine back on again and works fine again, for about 5 miles then stops again.

I have change the gas filter, gas pump, clean up the fuel inyeccion, and still does the same thing. I have also gone to the mechanic and he scaned the car to see if a sensor has given the problem but they all come out OK.

Can somebody help me out here and tell me whats the problem or if it has happend to someone else, and what has he done.

I like the car very much and I do not what to sell it.

Thanks.

kancept
06-06-2006, 12:40 AM
My wife and I purchased a 2000 Mystique in '01 and we have this exact same problem. If it's hot, it does this jerking until it dies. Let it rest and you can go a bit, but it's gotten so bad, i have it up on blocks for now. I've had the fuel filter replaced, but it's almost as if it fires wrong. The check engine light came on last week for the first time since we have had it, but my code reader isn't reading anything from it, so I'm gonna try for another reader on eBay and bide my time. Can't drive it anywhere to get a free diag read from it, so there it sits.

Reading through forums, this is apparently an issue othes have had as well.

beyondloadedSE
06-08-2006, 03:24 PM
engine type?

Add your comment to this topic!