Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

18" wheels or bigger on their LS?

papanature
07-26-2002, 11:44 AM
Anyone have pics of 18" wheels or bigger on their LS?

2001mrny
07-30-2003, 11:27 PM
I put these 20 wheels on about 3 weeks ago. Tires are 255-35-20, I get a little scrubbing in the wheel well when I hit big dips in the road. Not too bad once I know the roads. I also have the adjustable ride height so when I go to high I have no problems. The ride is still good, only about 10-15% harder. The handling is far improved. I have been getting alot of love from everyone that sees it. The design of the wheel is somewhat sporty but still luxurious and classy.
Thanks

mruwka
09-11-2003, 02:48 AM
i hope that you more money to invest in the new suspension parts that you will have to replace, because of those wheels... that car was not designed for wheels like that........your first shock absorber is the sidewall on your tiers....once you decrees that, your start sending all kinds of shocks and vibration which your suspension would had never seen.....
but out side of the
they look good

mruwka
09-11-2003, 02:49 AM
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :smokin:

olu40
09-30-2003, 01:09 PM
I think if you go 245 instead of 255 you'll get rid of that scrubbing you have. Wheel well is not made for 255's on a LS.The 35 series should be fine.
I put these 20 wheels on about 3 weeks ago. Tires are 255-35-20, I get a little scrubbing in the wheel well when I hit big dips in the road. Not too bad once I know the roads. I also have the adjustable ride height so when I go to high I have no problems. The ride is still good, only about 10-15% harder. The handling is far improved. I have been getting alot of love from everyone that sees it. The design of the wheel is somewhat sporty but still luxurious and classy.
Thanks

Add your comment to this topic!