Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Major body work

soccmid
05-21-2006, 08:47 AM
I am proud owner of 92 4ws Si Lude. I have two rusted rear fenders along with a rear bumper that has been fiberglassed to the rest of the body. First off, how many shops would work on this to replace the rusting rear fenders and to cut off and replace the bumber and second off how much would I be looking at cost wise. I just dont know whether to somehow sell this and the new H22A in it, and buy a 5th gen or to fix the suspension in the 4th gen and then fix the body later on.
Thanks

iCivic
05-24-2006, 09:43 PM
i don't know much about what they can do to fix rusted fenders other than grind the rust off, and it'll honestly probably be expensive, cuz they'll have to repain the fenders, and then to cut off the bumper is extra work for them so they'll charge extra

basically it's alot of extra shit, and they'll probably charge an arm and a leg, i know the shops around here do, but the only way you can find out is by gettin some quotes?

winnfield
07-24-2006, 02:25 PM
I own a 1994 Prelude Si and I just had them put a patch on it. The rust is almost unnoticeable and you have to look very closely to see the patch. Hope that helps?

Greenblurr93
07-25-2006, 09:46 PM
youre lookin at more money than your cars worth...i would see if you could pick up a cheap body thats is nice and swap over your new motor... how bad is the rust? is it just bubbling? is it rotted through? if its bubbling then a wire wheel, some putty and paint would make it look a lot better than it does now and itll be a lot cheaper if you do it yourself.

Add your comment to this topic!