Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New Fender

ImportTunerR34
05-12-2006, 04:28 PM
Hi guys. I drive a 1994 accord ex and by accident my LH fender is damaged. I got a used fender for $50 from a junkyard nearby and i was thinking about installing it. The problem is that they're not the same color. My car is white and the fender is gold. Would it be better if i install it in the car and get it painted or to leave it off and get it painted? How much would it cost to paint a fender? Any replies would be appreciated!!

ImportTunerR34
05-18-2006, 08:28 PM
Anyone????

nitebeest
05-19-2006, 03:05 AM
I don't know how much it would be to paint a fender. You'd have to call around and get prices from the places near you. I've heard stories of prices fluxuating depending on where people are. As for the other part of your question it really depends. If you go the route of just painting the fender you're going to make sure you're getting it painted the same color as the car. And even with that it might not match up exactly as the car b/c the paint on the rest of the car has been weathered and such. This is also a good chance to paint the entire car if you just want a whole new paint color on the car or your paint is peeling/oxidized/scratched/dinged/etc. I know macco has like a $300 special for painting a whole car. Granted it's not the best paint job in the world for only 300, but it gets your whole car painted.

Not sure how much help this was but I figured I'd throw in my :2cents: while I was at it.

iCivic
05-20-2006, 04:12 PM
find someone that paints independantly and they'll do it for like $50, and i'd leave it off if you're going to go with that route...

Add your comment to this topic!