Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

just bought a 1979 datsun...

rabbitracer
05-12-2006, 02:43 PM
hey everyone, i'm new to the forums i just purchased a 1979 datsun 310 hatchback. i really dont know anything about it except that its front wheel drive and it has a 4 speed. it runs and drives great, and the body is very solid and hardly any rust. i got it for $350. anyway i cant seem to find any info on it, and what little info i've found seems to vary and has pretty much just confused me more. is the 310 pretty much a 210?

are there any aftermarket parts for it?

does anyone know what the bolt pattern on my datsun is?

does the engine have any potential? or is a engine swap my only option?

any info about it would be very helpful.

thanks! andrew

riverajuan
05-07-2007, 08:31 AM
hey 310 is the next generation of 210's they have the same engine but diferent transmiss because it is front weel drive i tink they came out with the engine zise 1.5 or 1.6 but the diferents is the pistons everything outside is the same on 1.4,1.5.1.6

dimefury
05-08-2007, 08:42 PM
hey everyone, i'm new to the forums i just purchased a 1979 datsun 310 hatchback. i really dont know anything about it except that its front wheel drive and it has a 4 speed. it runs and drives great, and the body is very solid and hardly any rust. i got it for $350. anyway i cant seem to find any info on it, and what little info i've found seems to vary and has pretty much just confused me more. is the 310 pretty much a 210?

are there any aftermarket parts for it?

does anyone know what the bolt pattern on my datsun is?

does the engine have any potential? or is a engine swap my only option?

any info about it would be very helpful.

thanks! andrew

i don't know much about this particular model, but i'll answer what i can.

210's are RWD. 310's are FWD.

i doubt you will find much in the aftermarket for this one.

all early datsuns have the 4 x 4.5 in. (4 x 114mm) lug pattern, is that what you were asking about "bolt pattern"?

no, the engine doesn't have any potential. (if it is the one that i am thinking it is) A motors (A12, A13, A14, A15) are all cast iorn, pushrod fours and are useless junk. a few threads back some one asked me about getting more out of an A motor.
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=656758

hope that helps some, if you have any other datsun questions, feel free to ask.

dimefury
05-08-2007, 08:43 PM
god damn newbies dragging up year old dead threads.

i was tricked . . . . .

sorry

Add your comment to this topic!