Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'96 air-con control panel lights

JimBee
04-25-2006, 02:57 AM
My Cherokee's have not worked since getting it. My son has the same truck,and his panel lights up as per normal,when you turn on the lightswitch. I took the dash of today,well not right off,enough to undo the 4 screws holding it in place,and slide it oiut a few inches only,to try and see the 'bulbs'. Could not see them,or where they might be hidden,so then when I went back and turned my son's truck lights on,to compare, I noticed the the light appears to be actually inside the very front black plastic strip facia,itself,and cant be got at!! Would this be right? do I now need to get another whole new complete unit,if this is the case?:uhoh: or are there small bulb/s in behind,and I just need to take the unit right out,to find them......oh boy oh joy...!!

mrbill3
04-25-2006, 11:04 PM
The bulbs are in the rear of the control unit. You will have to remove the mounting screws and pull it out then you can get to the bulbs.

JimBee
04-25-2006, 11:24 PM
Cheers mrbill3,thanks for that, I now know they are there...thanks again...Jim

JimBee
04-27-2006, 05:33 AM
I had my mechanic do it,he found that the bulb had somehow come out of the socket,and now is back in place,and works fine!!

Add your comment to this topic!