Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Bye Bye jetta vr6

daveersx-s
04-20-2006, 12:42 PM
I was going to Quebec city and i saw this jetta pass me real quick! I downshifted in 4 and speed up to get him back! There where no traffic and the highway was our.... i got beside it (and yes im sure it"s a vr6) and we were doing 125 kms/hour and we start to pull it: 3 untill 155, 4 untill 193, 5 untill.... to be honnest the vr6 surprised me!!! It was a 5 speed manual and i smoked the guy by not too much, maybe at 225 kms he was 3 cars behind. But untill 200 he was preddy close....and we did that all over again for a good 100 kilometers long but he never had me! end of story!!! Another story quick, i was on maloney bvld 2 days a go and a old plymouth laser(lookink all fucktop) came beside me and we star to pull at 20 kms(1st gear) and we were dead even!!!!!! until we hit the highway and i was faster. But honnestly this 190 hp turbo plymouth laser almost smoked me!!! It was 1989!!!! So i think im gonna ad modification sooner cause im sure im gonna be beaten soon:eek: :grinno:

giddyup50
04-22-2006, 10:05 AM
Please use MPH (miles per hour). We have no idea how fast 125 km is.

What kind of car were you in?

daveersx-s
04-22-2006, 12:55 PM
It's a 2002 rsx-s with only a cold air intake for mod. Sorry for the kms! We werw doing about 80 to 135 mph when we were racing. For the plymouth we were in first geear untill the 5..................

giddyup50
04-23-2006, 07:48 PM
I'm sorry, what's an rsx-s? Honda, Suburu? I'm still learning about most of these imports. I'm into V8's (Mustangs, Z28/Trans Ams and older cars). Is it turbo? How much power/torque do you think it's putting out? About the only "performance imports" that I do know about are the Suburu WXR(?), Mazda 6 & speed 6, VW Jetta 1.8t/vr6, and Mitsu. Evo. Lancer.

giddyup50
04-23-2006, 07:56 PM
Oh, and ofcourse the Mitsu. Eclipse, Toy. Supra, Celica, MR2. Nissan 280-350Z. All the older or more well known models, but with all these newer 4 bangers comming out lately it's hard to keep them all straight, unless you're really into them.

knorwj
04-23-2006, 09:39 PM
I'm sorry, what's an rsx-s? Honda, Suburu? I'm still learning about most of these imports.

Its an Acura RSX type S. It pretty much is the newest acura integra gs-r. A little more powerful than a gs-r but not much faster due to weight gain and such. I believe it is a little over 200 hp stock and it will run the 1/4 in about 15 flat with a good driver.

00accord44
04-23-2006, 11:54 PM
I thought the rsx-s was 210 stock? But more importantly... Damn Giddy you been under a rock for the past ten years??? I always thought american muscle guys liked to keep some tabs on imports so they would know what they A) just demolished and can talk shit about or B) got demolished by and not understand why:sunglasse

daveersx-s
04-24-2006, 08:32 AM
i would compare that to a acura integra type-r before a gsr??! The 2005... are 210 hp but i got a 2002 that came with 200hp but with the cai it's it's preddy much the same. The thing that sucks with the type-s, ther is no limited slip differential like they put on the type-r?! But hte type-r have 195 hp and 129 lbs of torque. The type-s, 210 hp with 143 lbs of torque but it's heavyer..... So it's comparable. The gsr- got 129 lbs of torque and 170 hp and one of my friend got one 1997 with dc short headers, cai and full exhauts system, and we have raced a few times and believe me it's not comparable!!! Im a lot faster and yes it's a manual and yes he,s a good driver.......

knorwj
04-24-2006, 09:31 AM
i would compare that to a acura integra type-r before a gsr??! The 2005... are 210 hp but i got a 2002 that came with 200hp but with the cai it's it's preddy much the same. The thing that sucks with the type-s, ther is no limited slip differential like they put on the type-r?! But hte type-r have 195 hp and 129 lbs of torque. The type-s, 210 hp with 143 lbs of torque but it's heavyer..... So it's comparable. The gsr- got 129 lbs of torque and 170 hp and one of my friend got one 1997 with dc short headers, cai and full exhauts system, and we have raced a few times and believe me it's not comparable!!! Im a lot faster and yes it's a manual and yes he,s a good driver.......

The type R is a track ready integra, while the gs-r has all the options, just like the S. The US doesn't get the type R rsx. We only get the type S which is a replacement for the gs-r. And I said a little over 200 to cover all the type S from the earlier 200 hp models up to the 210 hp ones. 210 is still a little over 200 in my book.

giddyup50
04-24-2006, 06:46 PM
I thought the rsx-s was 210 stock? But more importantly... Damn Giddy you been under a rock for the past ten years??? I always thought american muscle guys liked to keep some tabs on imports so they would know what they A) just demolished and can talk shit about or B) got demolished by and not understand why:sunglasse

Nah...I haven't been under a rock, I just don't really pay attention to most of the imports unless it's one of those that I mentioned earlier. No offense. I just haven't seen any that catch my eye or that really impress me. Again, no offense. Someone here mentioned that the rsx-s runs 15 flat in the 1/4. Sorry, that doesn't impress me. Although, when you're getting 30mpg 15 sec. 1/4 isn't so bad. I guess it's a give and take. Hell, with gas going to $4-$4.50 a gal. this summer I'd rather get 30mpg. But anyway the ones that really impress me are the Suburu WXR(I think that's what it's called) you know the one w/the big hood scoop, AWD. Car/Driver did a comparison of that vs. the 03-04 Mustang Cobra and the Suburu was even with it in every test except in the 1/4 where it was only behind by 1 or 2 tenths of a sec.

Another thing I've noticed is that even if you get a 4cyl's hp up, it still lacks in torque even with a turbo MOST of the time. I'm not trying to dog imports here, actually they are starting to grow on me. I would consider buying a Mazda 6 or Speed 6. The Speed 6 is around DON'T QUOTE ME 280hp & 275tq. Now that's impressive. The only thing is I was raised with the "buy American" mentality. I KNOW, I'M ONE OF "THOSE GUYS". I know most of the parts are made somewhere else now anyway or the Japanese cars are built here, I know. I can kind of justify a purchase of a Mazda because they are joint with Ford, so there is my in. Even with the Fusion and 6 being basically the same car, the 6 just looks so much meaner! SORRY FOR THE BOOK I JUST WROTE.

00accord44
04-24-2006, 07:15 PM
No worries mayne! You're right anyway. Torque is a problem most import drivers have. Especially in cars from the 90s when 3 Liters was considered way above average engine size for a "sport" import. But nowdays engines are gettin a lil bigger, torque rates are risin, but at the same time the new school american muscle is hitting ungodly numbers. That new LS7 has like 450tq:eek: Different strokes for different folks.

btw you're not one of those guys. Those guys come into the honda forums strictly to tell us how shitty our hamster-drawn carriages are!:grinno:

giddyup50
04-25-2006, 08:34 PM
Yeah, I'm not gonna come in here and dog your cars. Like you said "different strokes". Plus like I said, it's a give and take, MPG or Horse Power, and traction in the snow(FWD) or no traction(RWD). I will admitt, it drives me crazy when I see someone in a Civic, Neon, Focus or some other economy car that's pushing 100-120hp and they think that they can beat a Mustang, Z28 or T/A at a light. I just want to start laughing. Or if they have it all riced out. However, I have seen some that have decent looking wheels, not too big or sticking out too far and a nice spoiler that's not tooooooo tall and that matches the paint on the car. There are a few import/econo. guys out there that we (V8 guys) have to watch out for. From my experience though it's usually the car that just has subtle changes on the outside, the one you'd least expect, a sleeper I guess.

The way I look at it is take whatever you have and make it faster!! Hell, I even think about making my 3.0 DOHC Duratec (200hp/200tq) Taurus faster. That's when my wife just laughs at me, oh well. COULD YOU IMAGIN IF I ADDED A 50HP SHOT OF NITROUS TO THAT??!! NOBODY WOULD EXPECT A 250HP TAURUS!!!!

cjcivic
04-25-2006, 09:01 PM

how can u even compare a itr to an rsx type s. the type r's are so much faster. just because they have about the same horsepower rating doesnt mean that they will keep up with each other. and there must have been something wrong with that kids gsr because i have beaten plenty of rsx type s's with my civic w/ a gsr

daveersx-s
04-26-2006, 12:42 PM
LOL!!!! Look man, a b-18 in a civic it's not comparable to the original gsr chassiS!! So what is your point??! My type-s ain't that fast and i know, but stock for stock you can not compare even a 2001 integra gs-r to a 2002 type-s...i drove both and it's totally different.The type-s is faster!! So forget about the type-r cause i already know what u know but i also know that on the 1/4 mile stock for stock(type-r vs type-s) it's a drivers race...but on the track i totally agree with u that the type-r is far ahead...voilà

Add your comment to this topic!