Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help - unidentified warning signal on dash

jeepgirloz
04-13-2006, 10:10 PM
I am on one side of the country and my jeep is on the other - about to be set off 300km down the stuart highway home. Last night a warning signal I had not seen before showed up on the dash - but I was miles from my vehicle book so I have no idea what it was (and have since had to take a flight to the other end of oz). It was an orange symbol with what seemed like a box (3 sides), with water or a fluid (oil symbol?) in it, and a dashed line coming out of the box, splitting at the top (and looking like spurting at both sides. No obvious coolant links - is that what the warning symbol refers to or is it something else?

Saudade
04-13-2006, 11:16 PM
Uh... Windshield washer fluid low?

dave92cherokee
04-14-2006, 08:36 AM
I agree with saudade from the description of the light it sounds like it would be the warning light for low windshield washer fluid.

GregA
04-14-2006, 03:58 PM
Does it look like this?

http://www.my-chevy-venture.com/images/Jeep-Washer-Low-Indicator.jpg

If so, that is indeed the Washer Low indicator. No Worries, unless you run into a lot of dirt and need to clean your windshield multiple times :grinyes:

Take Care,

jeepgirloz
04-14-2006, 04:28 PM
Thanks folks - that was the symbol and yep it was the windscreen wiper fluid levels. Boy do I feel intelligent today.

This is such a useful site - at least its introduced me to it. I have had so much goddam trouble with my jeep since I bought it a year and a half ago (its a cherokee sport, XJ, 1995) I have become a hypochondriac. In fact, I've just about given up on it...living in the Top End of Australia it seems the only vehicles that people recognise are troupes, landcruisers and hi lux utes (particularly the mechanics I've met out on bush communities).

Add your comment to this topic!