Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1990 F22A with 155,000 miles....

MJ23FE
07-12-2002, 12:18 AM
Is this engine worth even toying with?? I mean would it really be worth putting any amount of money into this thing? It runs amazing right now. All i have is a K&N replacement filter but it is still slow to accelerate at a low RPM. It dont get really going till about 2500-3000rpm, but it moves quick for a 12 year old car. Tell me what you guys think. Any help would be great appreciated. Oh and if you guys feel that its not worth my time and money than i still have my great system to keep me up!

Smitty90acc
07-12-2002, 04:01 PM
I wouldn't do anything beyond the addition of an intake or exhaust... The performance improvement will be negligible. I have the same engine and similar mileage, and I've come to accept that it doesn't really have a lot of performance headroom =(

Duatone
07-13-2002, 03:30 PM
with that many miles, if youve had nothing done to it, motorwise, then about the only things you can get away with is intake exhaust, and a header, or your gonna blow your bottom end, and i know you wont beleive this one, but yes, you can still put a turbo on it. woohoo! Alas, you should only run a max of about 4 lbs, but even with that, its not really something you want to take to the track every weekend and race the neighbor girls supra

Add your comment to this topic!