Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

annhiliation of an SRT-4

nimitz23ky
03-27-2006, 02:58 AM
it is a simple thing to do....just one little slip, and the car is gone. i have not been here for several long weeks. maybe it has been months. yeah, not having good brakes on a car really matters. was coming from down south on I-75, and lost major traction. brakes weren't great, and i destroyed my srt-4 by hitting a highway divider head on. slipped sideways in the rain, slid past the traffic in front of me, and the last thing i remember, watching the front end explode. like i was not in the car, but rather sitting across the road. the front just exploded. engine tore loose from it's mountings, and i do not remeber much else. have been laid up in the hostpital just trying to remember, but everyone says it is good that i can't. whatever....it was my car, i would like to remember it. don't even remember what it really looked like. i know something bad happened, afterwards, but not that mcuh, as i should, i guess.....texsrt you were right. it would have been great to have a set of rear brakes for stopping emergencies.....it never really slowed down. i do remember that much. trying to hit the brakes, thinking about it, and then bam.....nothing....cold, blackness, and now i am awake, with no car....gotta buy another, but have to also make sure not to destroy the brakes on this one....dumbshit thing to do, really.....

das2123
03-27-2006, 10:52 AM
Glad to hear you are OK though!

TEXSRT4
03-27-2006, 05:08 PM
teh brakes on the srt4 are really pretty good, if they are maintained regularly, the problem is that the car rotates too quickly in stock form. im glad your ok, the car can be replaced, you cant!!!

cybercrx00
07-13-2006, 02:28 PM
teh brakes on the srt4 are really pretty good, if they are maintained regularly, the problem is that the car rotates too quickly in stock form. im glad your ok, the car can be replaced, you cant!!!

I don't start noticing them fallong off until 5-7 laps of flogging it hard on a full road course, so for any street use, make sure they are maintained and they are great.

Turbodog97
07-13-2006, 04:38 PM
Srt brakes are awesome as long as you don't drive retarted, maintain your stuff or think that downtown is an auto-x course.

Add your comment to this topic!