Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Eibach Pro or Sport Springs

motorjock205
03-21-2006, 10:44 PM
Hi all. I have a 96 GT and am considering lowering the car with Eibach springs. I just can't decide whether to go with the Pro kit or the Sport Line Kit. I've just put the new tires and wheels on that you can see in my signature below. Tires are 255 40 17's on Cobra R 17 X 9 Wheels. I have Caster/Camber plates installed, and am wondering if I would need anything else to avoid "bump steer" with the Pro Kit vs. the Sport Line Kit. I really like the way the Sport Line Kit hunkers the car down, but I'm moving to Maui Hawaii next month too, and am having the car shipped there as well, so i don't want to get it so low that it tears anything up either. Give me some opinions...who's running what? and how do you like it? Why? You guys usually have good info, so help me out here! Thanks in advance!

AltecZX2
03-21-2006, 11:23 PM
I have the Pro kit on my ZX2. the drop is subtle (1in but settles at more of a 1.2in) nice stiff, they are a great spring IMO, I have not had any issues w/ snow but I do have to watch scraping driveways. I'm looking to move to stiffer eventually how ever (love my autox).

6speed
03-24-2006, 10:40 AM
ive run sportlines on my 96GT and my saleen as u can see in pic below. ive run prokit on my 01 ws6 trans am. either or i think ride the same but the sporltines give a better look. just be careful driving and youll be fine...its not that low

motorjock205
03-24-2006, 11:03 AM
ive run sportlines on my 96GT and my saleen as u can see in pic below. ive run prokit on my 01 ws6 trans am. either or i think ride the same but the sporltines give a better look. just be careful driving and youll be fine...its not that low

Got any pics of your 96 that you can post? I measured my car this morning and right now I've got 3" on the front and 3 3/4 on the rear between the top of the fenderwells and the top of the tires! So I'm starting to think the Sport Line may be the way to go for me.

AltecZX2
03-24-2006, 12:00 PM
i think the sport line would look better in your case.

but if you have a lot of CRAP streets or steep driveways' i'd go sport line

6speed
03-31-2006, 11:59 AM
ill try to get u some pics when i can ive been pretty busy

Add your comment to this topic!