Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Amp wire through firewall

GTRider0
03-18-2006, 04:03 PM
i have a 99 cherokee and i want to put a system in it and i was wondering if there is anyone out there that could tell me how to get to the hole in the firewall so that i can put a amp in it thank you for looking

dave92cherokee
03-19-2006, 09:34 AM
This might apply for you and for many other cherokee owners out there wanting to find somewhere to put the power wire through. As many of you know the firewall on the engine compartment side is almost completely covered with stuff as goes for the inside wall with the heating and a/c controls on the passenger side. When I installed my system in my 92 cherokee sport I found an easier way of running the amp's main power wire rather than down and through the front firewall. on the front passenger wheel well remove the plastic shields from the wheel well and drop them out of the way, then remove the plastic piece on the passenger side down by your feet. Then inside the engine compartment up by the battery close to where the body grounding point is for the battery drill a hole either the size of the wire you will be using or the size of the firewall grommet that will be used. This hole goes into the wheel well so feed the wire through and have it hanging loose there. Then inside the passenger area on the lower passenger side look at the panel and find where the antenna wire comes through at and drill another hole there the size of the wire or firewall grommet that will be used. I highly recommend using firewall grommets on both locations to make it water tight so as to not produce any leaks in the future. Then after you drill the second hole look in from the wheel well and find the hole and feed the wire back through that hold and get all the slack out of the wire, then just run the power wire back along the passenger to where ever you have the amp mounted at.

Add your comment to this topic!