Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Axle Problem

Jame21
03-11-2006, 01:13 PM
Okay, I just bought my 99 Mountaineer about 2 weeks ago. I have had numerous little problems with it already- good thing its under warranty! I took my car to the shop to get the oil sending unit replaced and I asked the mech. to look at my rear axle because it is making a whining noise at speeds from 30 and above. It seems like it is only when I am accelerating though. When I let off the gas, it stops! He told me "oh, its just your pinion bearings going out, no need to replace it. You can drive like that for up to 4 years". What do you guys think? Now my warranty company thinks its not that bad. Any way to get it fixed faster?? :lol:

Also the tube going from my EGR valve to my maifold has a hole in it? They are giving me problems about fixing that as well. Is it hard to replace? Where can I get the part?

AND now, I am having problems with my gas pedal. After driving a few miles, it gets very hard to push down and when you do push it down it acts like it is to much power because it JOLTS you! HELP !!!

Thanks guys!:p

C. Cleve
03-12-2006, 05:24 AM
HI, RE, Your mountaineer probs...Is this warranty work being done by a ford dealer? If your vehicle has less than 80.000 miles on it the egr tube is a freebee, cause it's emissions related....Pinion bearing 4 year? I don't think so..Let's get real about that one...Gas pedal hard to push? Look for a kink in the cable, Floor mat bunched up under neath the pedal? See Ya, Clay..

Add your comment to this topic!