Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

RR 98' some help

eboy44
03-09-2006, 07:06 PM
a couple things :
1- my car wouldnt start bc of battery problems so i bought a new battery and replaced it after like 2 weeks the window on the passengers side started acting wierd. it isnt auto anymore and it like doesnt know when to stop. when you roll it all the way up it like makes this crazy noize like tkkk tkkk tkk. any one know why this is happening? and how i can fix?
2- the EAS is almost always at fault
3- on the passengers side the mat is always wet? it has a leak, i guess, of some sort has that ever happend to any one? does anyone know what it could be?
i am a NOOB so any help is good! THANKS!!

ainiguez
03-11-2006, 12:43 AM
The window issue is that either the track or the gear on the window motor broke. This should give you a message that says "RF window not set" (if your car is Left Hand Drive). You must replace the broken part, or even the whole motor assembly. (I need to do that to my left front door).
The fact that it happened after replacing the battery might just be a coincidence.
As far as the wetness, this could be the result of two things (typically):
1. Does it smell like antifreeze (coolant)? Then it may be the heater core O-rings,
2. If it doesn't smell like antifreeze, then all you might need to do is to clean the drains for the air conditioning condensation. They are close to the transmission (from underneath the car).
I don't know what the EAS issue could be, although it may be a ground (earth) that is failing because of the wetness.
You must get a RAVE CD (ebay, or something). They are an indispensable part of a range rovers' owners' tool box. Also subscribe to other forums such as www.rangerovers.net and www.motorcars-ltd.com

Add your comment to this topic!