Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help! i need body parts!

nightsshadow
03-06-2006, 10:21 PM
I just baught a 1998 gsx. Ive looked for this car for almost three years. ( im a picky driver ) I had had my car for two weks when some guy ran a red light and t-boned me. about $4500 worth of dammage. his insurance said that i was speeding thur the green light and that it was my fault. The police really had no imput, so i was screwed. Sooo on my way to the body shop to drop my car off, a lifted f-250 rear ends me. so now accident #2, his insurance will pay for it, they totled the car, and said that they would only give me $3500 for them to keep the car, and $2500 if i keep the car. And with over 7k in mods, im better off keeping the car. So im needing help finding a cheap rolling chassy. Can any one Help me!

nova1313
03-06-2006, 10:26 PM
you know you may not be able to get collision on it if you rebuild it and keep it with a reconstructed title. I think you may be better off asking them if you can remove your mods and run with the cash. Hopefully you kept all the old parts to put them back on. Thats what i did with my old spyder..

nightsshadow
03-06-2006, 11:05 PM
Yea i thought about it, but i just paid almots 9k for the car, and now thier offering me almost a third of the purchase price. i just dont wana be out all that money. :banghead:

gthompson97
03-07-2006, 02:18 AM
Car-part.com, ebay or a local junkyard is your best bet. You can try the classifieds on DSMTuners.com too.

defiancy
03-07-2006, 03:26 PM
I think I have a kidney you can have if you need body parts ;)

Also you can find a rolling, chasis or a frame pretty cheap. I would just look around as suggested before. Check craigslist, and also see if there are any local DSM clubs/forums and odds are someone on there has a 2g gsx that is parted the hell out and would be able to sell it to you.

Add your comment to this topic!