Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

S14 questions

M-sweet
07-02-2002, 01:59 AM
Hi,
S14 are one of my all time JDM favorite. I am thinking to get one and make it a complete JDM car! but I know nothing about it so please give me some advice! If i swap the turbo engine into it then what else do i need? Do i need a JDM tranny too?
Would it cost alot of $$$ to do it? (I have about 10k-15k) Where can i find good JDM parts for it? Where else is a good site to get more info?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel

Bean Bandit
07-02-2002, 06:09 AM
I'm not in to the US prices but I think with 15k you should be able to bild up a S14 JDM style. Which version do you wanna get S14 or S14a (different headlights). As for the conversion you'll need the SR20DET (there are several versions there as well cause you can swap in the engine from all generations depends how much money you want to spend). I'm not 100% shure but you'll need the tranny too, 'cause the KA and SR trannys aren't compatible. In looks there aren't much differences except of the badges. Additional informations will follow;)

NISSANSPDR
07-02-2002, 11:51 AM
S14's are badass...either the 95-96 (shown here)

http://www.edmunds.com/pictures/122529.jpg

or the 97-98 (shown here)

http://tarp.worldserve.net/240sx/Image5.jpg

To build your JDM 240SX...you will need the engine, tranny, ECU, and an uncut harness. Not to mention someone who is knowledgeable and has done the swap at least a good half a dozen times. You want to make sure there are no problems.

Next...you will need some hardware to monitor your car like a boost controller, boost gauge, exhaust temp gauge, water pressure gauge, oil pressure, and possibly a turbo timer. (You dont need any of these but they would help ensure that your car doesnt overheat or knock/detonate.)

Cost would be like 5-8k for a S14...8-12k for a S14a (the 97-98 ones). These are just ball park figures and prices do vary from car 2 car.

The engine you would want is the S14 SR20DET...and make sure you get the corresponding ECU and tranny.

Add your comment to this topic!