Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need Cherokee buying advice

JSPRE
03-04-2006, 09:05 PM
I am looking to buy a 1990 - 1995 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 w/straight 6 and am wondering what is the average price ramge for these and how much is to much when it comes to mileage? Please help, any info or advice on buying or not buying one of these vehicles.

Thanx

Saudade
03-04-2006, 10:07 PM
Go to http://www.kbb.com to get the Kelly Blue book value. It's a good starting place. You can enter the type of options you'd like to have and can see how mileage and condition can affect the price.

Of course, if you look at something that's lifted, has big wheels/tires, or has been rebuilt (for example), you'll need to adjust accordingly.

dave92cherokee
03-04-2006, 11:26 PM
As Saudade said go to KBB it'll give you a good idea of what the market value and asking price would be around but it all boils down to what's available around you. I picked my 92 sport up for 700 and had to replace a couple of things but after all was said and done to get it running good was 1000. If you want one that's in mint condition and low miles (very rare to find) you will be looking at around 3000-6000 but if you look at one that needs a couple of minor repairs and has a couple of dents and scratches and about 150000 miles then you would be looking at about 750-2000. Best idea is find one that needs a couple of minor things like new batt. or starter or something like that and has a couple of small dents then you can repair the mechanical problems fix the body damage yourself alot cheaper and have the extra money left over to lift it and so on. As for the reliability a inline 6 4.0HO which is what would be in what you're looking for when they are running good they are virtually indestructible just takes a little $ to get them in tip top shape.

89ltd
03-05-2006, 06:42 AM
89 and 90 had anti lock brakes with an electric pump instead of a vacum booster and is very expensive to mantain and fails often. Don't buy anything with the electric pump on it, I bought one myself and had to convert the whole system to non abs.

Add your comment to this topic!