Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Dirtbag damages car

Drift King
02-17-2006, 01:52 AM
I need to know if I can fix some big dents by myself. While I was at a movie theater, I guess someone slammed an old rusty shopping cart into my door. It left 3 big dents and cracked off the paint. I've never done any body work, and I'm not sure, but I think it would cost a lot to fix professionaly. What would you do?

kicker1_solo
02-19-2006, 11:03 PM
I've never done any body work, and I'm not sure, I need to know if I can fix some big dents by myself
nope :)

CivicSpoon
02-20-2006, 12:07 AM
There's a reason it's so expensive to get body work done, it ain't easy.

duffman868
02-20-2006, 12:15 AM
we need pictures of the dents. and its not that is hard it is that it takes forever but if you dont the body work yourself then have someone else paint it it should looks good

kicker1_solo
02-20-2006, 10:18 PM
we need pictures of the dents.
no we don't

duffman868
02-20-2006, 10:56 PM
no we don't

i am sorry that you dont feel confident in your self but i do and if this guy wants to save some money he can do it himself as long as the dents are not along any creases. let me refrase this let me see some pics (says the guy who did all the body work and painted his own car. and is pleased with it)

kicker1_solo
02-21-2006, 08:20 PM
i am sorry that you dont feel confident in your self but i do and if this guy wants to save some money he can do it himself as long as the dents are not along any creases. let me refrase this let me see some pics (says the guy who did all the body work and painted his own car. and is pleased with it)
leave it up to a noobie like you to open his mouth to someone who has painted more cars than you have even driven.

duffman868
02-23-2006, 12:00 AM
ok i am leaving this thread listen to this guy because he is older than me, thinks he is smarter, and thinks doors are are unrepairable. and nig nog thats a lot of car i worked at jiffylube for about a year.

Jetts
02-23-2006, 12:03 AM
ok i am leaving this thread listen to this guy because he is older than me, thinks he is smarter, and thinks doors are are unrepairable. and nig nog thats a lot of car i worked at jiffylube for about a year.

your an idiot

whatup
02-25-2006, 10:08 AM
I need to know if I can fix some big dents by myself. While I was at a movie theater, I guess someone slammed an old rusty shopping cart into my door. It left 3 big dents and cracked off the paint. I've never done any body work, and I'm not sure, but I think it would cost a lot to fix professionaly. What would you do?

If it dented the door enough to chip/crack your paint, then I would take it to a shop. Even if someone that knew how to fix it explained it to you, the advise is coming from someone that has done it many times and seems easy to them....But take it from me, you will spend a lot of time and effort on it and still take it to the shop.

Add your comment to this topic!