Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

How do you like your Daewoo.....

tune1552
02-10-2006, 04:32 PM
I purchased a Chevy Aveo and then found out that its a Daewoo in Chevy clothing........I dont have a problem with it, seems like a good little car. But I just wonder what other owners of Daewoo's think of the brand. Can those of you that have had one for a while let me know what you think of it. How many miles should I expect to get out of it if I take good care of it and change the oil and all that......

Thanks everybody, Mike

Gregpaul49
05-07-2008, 04:31 PM
When i first drove the Daewoo Lanos version of this car in 2000, I discovered that it was fun to drive fast in an area without traffic because of the short wheelbase. Later, when driving it in heave traffic, I felt that it was under powered and noisy compared to some other cars.
Chevrolet did a great job of making the car cosmetically attractive. A friend that rented one for a week had no complaints. One owner told me that the engine seems durable. If the acceleration is quick enough for you, and the engine noise does not bother you, I believe that you will be happy with the car.

andyjohn
08-07-2008, 05:13 PM
I had in 2006 an Daewoo Cielo (Nexia) and i used until now and with some changes at the engine i am very proud with my car

papo1955
09-07-2008, 08:20 AM
I have a 1998 Daewoo Lanos SX manual tranmission, since dec 1997, I really love this car, ecomonic, trouble free, fun to drive etc. During all this time I only had problem with the fuel pump (easy fixed). Still running great after almost 11 years. Excellent car.

Palalat
09-27-2008, 07:10 AM
I have a 1998 Daewoo Lanos SX manual tranmission, since dec 1997, I really love this car, ecomonic, trouble free, fun to drive etc. During all this time I only had problem with the fuel pump (easy fixed). Still running great after almost 11 years. Excellent car.

I also own a 1998 Daewoo Lanos SX manual transmission. So far if really a good car.

gob 455
09-27-2008, 10:12 AM
I owned a 01 Daewoo Lanos sport and then sold it to my sister-in-law. It has 120,000 on it now and she dosen't,t take very good care of it. The timing belt tensioner broke @ 52,000 and bent all the exhaust valves, the A/C is inop now also. But the way she takes care of it it's amazing it runs at all. So they must not be to bad.

Samiparker
01-23-2011, 09:42 AM
One things I dont like above daewoo in general is the braking to mass ratio, the cars are heavy while the braking system is weak.

Add your comment to this topic!