Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tire Dressing that doesn't sling everywhere

motorjock205
02-10-2006, 08:50 AM
I have tried just about every kind of tire dressing lately, and it seems that all of them that have the "wet" look sling all over my car when I drive it even after letting it sit overnight. Has anyone found anything that keeps the tires looking good, but doesn't sling everywhere?

directory
02-13-2006, 11:42 AM
are you just spraying it on? you need to wipe it off after spraying it on.

i've never had this issue.

alphalanos
02-13-2006, 11:45 AM
I've used Black Magic Gel and as long as you dont put too much on, and you spread it out evenly, then let it sit for like 30 mins, its ok.

motorjock205
02-13-2006, 11:58 AM
I've sprayed it on, wiped it off (several times), and it still slings when I start driving...tried several different brands and have the same issue with all of them I've tried. My tires have very small ridges in the sidewall where the brand name is and it is impossible to get all of the stuff out of all of those ridges. Was just basically trying to see if anyone else has experienced this and what some of the other guys might be using.

6speed
02-23-2006, 02:56 PM
i always get the gel. it has never slung on me. the spray will though; even after you wipe it down

Toppless
02-24-2006, 08:09 AM
I forget with brand it is I think it is Micguiers it is the spraying foam I have never had a problem with it I just wait till I can not see white anymore take it for a quick spin and it's all good.

Add your comment to this topic!